Love's cruel

[14th August 2014]

I was extremely exhausted that day since we had our dance practice from school when I got a call from Drake saying that he was coming to meet me.

I was so pleased and so happy and excited to meet him alone for the very first time. I don't know why, but I felt a wave of panic. Like as if it was wrong, like as if I was cheating on someone. Anyway I put aside all the negative vibes and focused on the good.

Leaving home was quite a task since my dad was home. He had a night shift so luckily he was asleep. I very quietly went inside the room took some cash and immediately left the house, I had told my grandmother that I was going to meet a friend.

I took the lift and went down. Reaching down I rang him - no answer, I tried again and just then he walked towards the building.

He wore a Batman T-shirt with blue jeans, his hair all spiked, couple of black bands on his hands and sneakers. Not all that handsome, but for me, he looked the best, I didn't want to even look at another guy.

As he came closer, my heart beated louder. We started walking towards the lift. My elevator took time and I didn't know how to start a conversation. It was like we've met for the very first time, complete strangers.

The lift opened and he let me in first. I very casually asked him, "Are you just gonna stand?" I didn't really expect him doing anything. But he came close and pressed his lips against mine!

I froze immediately! It was something I had only imagined, I never even thought that I would kiss him or even hug him. I felt shivers down my spine. It was the best feeling ever!

The elevators doors opened on the 10th floor and we stepped out. I definitely couldn't take him home so we sat on the staircase. Soon after sitting down he asked me if I had a little money, so game him all that I had - something around rs. 200.

"Where's mum and dad?" Drake questioned "mom's at work and dad's sleeping" I replied. After a quick make out session he got a call, it was from Chris's mom, she had called him home for some work, so he had to leave.

It was perhaps the best day of my life, I wanted him to stay forever, I didn't want him to leave me and go. He promised to meet the following week.

I went home to see my dad was still asleep. Parents Day was approaching and friends were coming home for the rehearsal. It was a program from the church and we all gave in our 100%.

Chris was also into this and you can say that we flirted with each other. We definitely missed being together but I was happier with Drake. I was very foolish of me to break Chris's heart, a guy who truly loved me, a guy who would never leave my side. I was annoyed but happy at the same time.

I enjoyed the attention I got from Drake, I enjoyed everything he had to show me, his anger, his love, everything. But deep down inside I still missed Chris.

The Parents Day rehearsals were just amazing, I loved being there, especially when Chris was there.

Parents Day arrived and we put up a great show, not a single person disparaged us.

After the show we all gathered and started clicking picture's, making fun in short we enjoyed the evening.

Rekha and me were posing for a picture and Chris jumped in too. It was a fantastic picture, we all looked so so good, happy and beautiful.

I didn't waste time in making it my WhatsApp DP.

We left the place at about 9:30 pm all tired and exhausted. I immediately crashed after reaching home, I was so damn tired I couldn't even keep my eyes open.

I woke up to see a dozen messages from Drake. It scared me cause he never ever sent me so many text at one time.

"Why's Chris in your DP?"
"You've never clicked a pic with me, so why him"
"You never loved me, you were just fucking around"
Did I ever put a pic with a girl? And he went on and on and on on the call. It scared me. I definitely didn't want him to leave me. I felt waves of panic, fright rushing down my spine and a lot more.

I had none to share pain with. Being the only child was extremely tough. You get all the attention and love and care and.....

But I can't share everything with my mum, that was the day when I needed a sibling- desperately

It was the 16th and he didn't text nor call. I didn't see anything wrong in putting a DP with a guy, I thought it was quite normal. I didn't have any intention of hurting Drake. It was so stupid of me to do that, I told myself.

Cursing and blaming myself I called Drake. He declined. I called back and kept calling till he answered. Finally he answered and....