Chapter 29

I would recommend listening to the song at the top (if you can) at a certain part in the chapter, and I'll make sure I write in where I mean by that. Also, the Zootopia gif helps illustrate the beginning a little, so click over to see it! Enjoy~

------------------------------------------

Bathed in calm blue light and lounging in relative silence, Tucker took a moment to look around and let the reality of his surroundings sink in. Something about the L-Tram, with its clear roof and interesting choice of lighting, gave him the sensation of being underwater. The only thing that could have completed the fantasy would have been fish swimming over them, or maybe--

Pit, pat, pit, pat. 

And there it was. Over the last hour, the sky above had darkened with cloud cover that eventually blocked the moons from view, much to his disappointment. Once the rainfall began, it didn't take long for it to turn into a steady downpour that would have drenched anyone standing out there for more than a few seconds. One corner of his lips drifted up in a mellow half-smile turned toward the rain hitting the top of the curved dome roof. 

Camry, who had been resting quietly with her head tilted back against the head rest, opened her eyes a split second after the pitter-patter began to grow louder. A soft exhale escaped her, and she broke the silence by commenting, "Huh. It's raining. I wonder if it's going to turn into a storm."

"By the way it sounds like it's coming down out there, I wouldn't be surprised," was Tucker's detached reply. 

Their speed formed race tracks of water droplets that streamed over the glass constantly. The sight was calming, and enticed Camry to stare at the sky until her eyelids felt too heavy to keep open. Just as they began to drift shut once more, a spark of light flashed through her eyelids and forced her into sitting up straighter. The afterimage of a lightning bolt lingered on her retinas and clouded her sight. 

Boom! Distant thunder rocked the world and was soon followed by another and another. By the second bolt of lightning striking, Camry found herself flinching with secondhand unease and folding her arms tightly over her chest. 'I hope Saoirse's with her family right now...'

"Wow, it kinda feels like we're in a submarine right now," Tucker chuckled mostly to himself. "Since it's so dark and blue, we could be at the bottom of the ocean right now."

Camry shook her head at that idea. "Ugh, no thanks. Not a big fan of the ocean, to tell the truth."

"Or thunder, by the looks of it," he observed.

Again, she shook her head. "No, I actually love lightning and thunder. I think it's amazing, and this would be absolutely perfect if I knew for sure that Saoirse wasn't alone right now. She's afraid of thunder and lightning." 

Her frown gradually evolved into a fond, faint smile at the memories that were surfacing all of a sudden. "And she'd always text me when a storm started, or I would text her first and make sure she was okay. I never minded, even if it was in the middle of the night..."

At that admission, Tucker had to raise a curious eyebrow. This new knowledge, coupled with what he had learned about her sexuality barely an hour ago, must equal something bigger going on, right? 'Hmmm...'

Then, because he knew it would be funny to get a little rise out of her, he jokingly said, "Wait, you're in love with this Soairse, aren't you?"

The squeak Camry choked out just then sounded incredibly mouse-like, high-pitched and startled. Her cheeks positively glowed with heat, and the temperature in the cabin of their train jumped up a noticeable ten degrees in seconds. "Wh-Wh-Whaaat? C-C'mon, I-- I-I mean-- Uhhh-- wait, uhhh--! You--!"