6

A/N

Here's the new "Lost" poster. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Olivia J. Clarke

{Editing Status: Unedited}

"Woah," Saige says. "How the hell did you do that?"

Ryan picks up the dead fish up and looks at it. "I...I don't know." He hands me back the spear and I take it from him.

"It looks like you've done that before," I say, wiping the blood off the end of the spear on an emerald green plant that is nearest to me.

"Maybe I have," he shrugs. "But I don't remember."

"I don't care about anything else apart from cooking that damn fish," Saige says.

"We need wood for the fire," I sigh.

"No, we don't," Lauren says.

A frown on my face, I look at her. "We can't eat it raw -"

"No. Look," she says, pointing to her left. Further down the river, there is a large pond surrounded by smooth, grey rocks, steam rising from it.

"Lauren," I whisper. "You're a genius."

Her lips lift up into a small smile and her cheeks flush pink, despite her feverish, pale tinge from the pain in her leg.

"Let's go, then," Ryan says. He throws Saige the fish and she squeals as it lands in her hands.

"Urgh!" she groans.

Ryan walks over to Lauren and picks her up in his arms. His muscles tighten as he lifts her. Her pink cheeks darken as he smiles down at her. We set off down the river towards the hot spring, Ryan carrying Lauren, me carrying my spear, and Saige carrying the fish, who is groaning at the slimy texture of it.

"Will the hot spring actually cook the fish?" I ask as we walk.

"Maybe," Ryan says. "We'll have to see." If it does work, I'll have to get him to kill more fish so there's enough for all four of us.