7

A/N

I'M BACK! Well, should I say, "Lost" is back? Boy, have I missed writing this. I honestly had no new ideas, so I had to think about what was going to happen in each chapter. This proved a serious mission, but it's finally back! 

I am leaving for the UK on Wednesday (this Wednesday), and I only come back in early January, so I will not have my laptop with me to write any more chapters. DON'T WORRY, THOUGH - as soon as I get back, I will write more of this and The Devil's Daughter.

I hope you enjoy the chapter! Don't forget to like, comment, and share.

Olivia J. Clarke

{Editing Status: Unedited}

"Jade!" 

"Jade, are you okay?"

"Oh God, is she dead?"

The voices that I hear are distant, almost imperceptible. My body aches all over, preventing me from moving at all. As the faint memory of me killing one of those monsters hits me, I realize I am too scared to even open my eyes; what will I see? It seems so much easier to just lie here, semi-unconscious, listening to the soft, calming rustle of the trees around me. I don't want to face the inevitability of fear; the whirlwind of emotions that I am subjected to on this island almost make me want to lie here forever, without a care in the world. 

I know I can't, though. The others...they seem to rely on me. I can't abandon them when they need me the most. 

I slowly open my eyelids, cringing at the sunlight as it burns my eyes. I blink a few times, in order for my eyes to become accustomed to the harsh rays. A familiar face blocks my view of the sun; it's Saige. The golden color of her hair glints in the sunlight. She kneels down next to me, laying the palm of her hand on my clammy forehead. 

"How are you feeling?" she asks me, her voice soft and reassuring. 

"I'm...I'm fine," I whisper. My voice is scratchy and hoarse. 

"Sit up slowly, okay?" she says. 

I lift myself up from the ground, slowly, as Saige said. My body is exhausted, weak. 

"How long have I been out?" I ask Saige. 

"A few hours, I think," she answers, but she is still looking at me with a concerned look on her face. "Are you sure you're okay, Jade? You look really pale."