The Secret

I woke up from my nap feeling rested. I took a shower and wore my sweatpants and a sweater that had a dog on it. I combed my hair into a loose bun and headed downstairs for some tea since my usual coffee was not possible anymore.

When I got down, I saw Meridite and Sabrine talking to each other looking worried. "What happened? What are you guys talking about?", I asked. Sabrine motioned me to sit down and said "We have to leave tomorrow morning. You are in danger. Your mother is waiting for you in Auria."

I was completely shocked. My mother, the one who disappeared 3 years ago wants to see me. "What is she doing there?. Why did she leave Austrica and why am I in danger". "She..", Meridite paused for a moment as if she was debating between wanting to tell me or keeping me in the dark. She then said, "It was for your safety but now the people who were after your mother, are after us and they have reached Austrica and it won't be long until they find us and-".

Her phone rang and she picked up. Her once worried face was now a horrified one. She cut the call and said, "hurry up, pack your bags. Only useful things. Sabrine, they are coming. Call Maxime and inform him and get your belongings. We'll meet you at your place in fifteen minutes". I silently obeyed her and took a suitcase filling it with my clothes, personal needs, my medicines, and books.

Meridite came into my room and told me to wait outside in the car. She sprayed some perfume on me and I took my luggage and walked out of the house. After a few minutes, she came back and got into the car. I saw flames coming out of the house and Meridite started the engines before speeding to Sabrine's house.

She was there waiting for us with her luggage and a little girl around her waist. Even her house was set on fire. "Why did you guys set your houses on fire?. And who is that little girl?". Sabrine got in the car and said "Adelaide meet Aurora Lynn, my daughter". "You have a daughter", I exclaimed, shocked that she never told me about her. "Octavia, calm down", Meridite said. "Since when do you have a daughter? Why didn't you bother telling me about it.", I said. She looked like my sister. Those icy blue eyes and her golden-brown hair. The thought of my sister made me sad.

~Flashback. (7 years ago)~
'Adelaide, run!'. She was there fighting with some men whose faces were covered with masks. Her eyes were strange as if they were changing color. Her name was Daniela and she was my sister. She disappeared that night and was found after three weeks. Her face was unrecognizable but her clothes and the necklace my mother gave her, helped in recognizing her. My mother and I cried for several days. She gave up her life to protect me and I couldn't do anything. I blamed myself for her death every single day.

~End of Flashback~

"Adel, are you listening to what I'm saying", Sabrine asked. "Yeah, I am. Sorry Meridite, I shouldn't have snapped at you". "Adel, we have an important thing to discuss...", Sabrine said.

"It's about you and your origins. You are not like the others. You are different. You are special.", Meridite said. "What do you mean I'm different. You are confusing me right now".

"Adelaide, you are a Lycan, a real and pureblood one. You are the daughter of Queen Genevieve and King Theodore of Auria and you are also the blessed child from the Moon Goddess", Sabrine told me. "What are you talking about?. Is that some kind of joke?. Sabrine, you know werewolves do not exist. That's unrealistic", I yelled causing Aurora to flinch. "Adelaide you need to calm down. We'll explain everything once we get to the jet. For now goodnight," Sabrine said. I was about to reply when something stung me in the neck and my vision became blurry then black.