The unexpected

I was running in a forest, looking for a pond. When I reached it I kneel down to drink some water. That's when I saw my reflection, a white wolf bigger than those at zoos. It was looking at me and then I noticed the crescent mark on its forehead. Who was that wolf? 

 I woke up sweating and panting. This was the third time this week and it's getting worse. Every time it's the same thing. I shrugged the thought and went to take a quick shower. I had to visit Sabrine Reed, my doctor who was also one of my mother's best friends.

My mother disappeared three years ago and till now I didn't get any information about her whereabouts. So I gave up on finding her.
I changed into one of the pregnancy dresses, Meridite gave me; Meridite Blackwood was another of mum's best friends. She was the one who took care of me ever since my mother left since I was all alone. I did not have friends. When they found out that I was expecting and that he was out of the picture, they left my side. They started spreading rumors about how the child was not his and how big of a whore I was. I couldn't bear the insults thrown at me so I dropped out of my first year at the university to avoid unwanted attention.

****
I grabbed my bag and went straight to the kitchen. I'm always hungry. I eat a lot and don't get fat easily. The smell of fried egg made me nauseous. 'Not again'. I rushed to the bathroom in the nearest room and puke my guts out. I washed my face then went back to the kitchen to have breakfast with Meridite. She came in panting like she had just run a marathon. "Morning sweetheart," she said before sitting in front of me. "Morning Meridite, why do you look like a dog who just came from a long run?" I asked. "I had to chase that damn cat again. It was trying to kill Miel's chick," she replied. I laughed at her expression. Miel is the chicken she saved a year ago from some kids who wanted to kill her. She got three chicks but two got killed by that cat. "Maybe you should invest in a real coop this time, instead of letting her roam around in the backyard,' I told her. 'Oh child, that bird would never be happy in a cage, she loves her freedom too much. She's always hanging out in the neighbor's garden eating bugs,' she replied. I laughed and resumed my breakfast.

 I drank my remaining orange juice then kissed her goodbye before grabbing the keys to my car and getting out.

**
After an hour of driving, I finally reached the clinic. It was a weird clinic because there were always people who were severely hurt and I saw them a few times there. I took the lift because I started getting tired easily. When I reached my floor, I made my way to Sabrine's cabin. I knocked before going in and saw Sabrine sitting on her sofa, reading a book. She lifted her head and smiled. "Hello Adel, I was waiting for you," she said. "Hi Sabrine, how are you?", I asked." I'm good, so let me see how far you are, then we will do your sonography", she said smiling. After examining my belly she said: "Well, everything is fine and should deliver in two weeks or less". I was shocked, it can't be possible. I got pregnant four months ago. "Are you sure Sabrine? I know the baby was growing fast but not that fast", I told her in complete shock." After your sonography, you and I are having a talk", she said and helped me lay on the bed. She lifted my dress and covered the rest of my body with a blanket. She applied a cold gel on my belly, placed her stick on the gel, and rolled it around. Small images started to appear on the monitor screen and Sabrine squealed out of joy. "I can see three distinct features. I think you are having triplets. Congratulation sweetheart", she said, her eyes were beaming with happiness. I was shocked. 'What was I going to do. How was I going to handle three kids? I cannot abuse Meridite's hospitality. I'll have to find an apartment and a job.'
"Earth to Adel. Why are you frowning like this?. What are you thinking about?. Aren't you happy?", she asked, concerned. "I'm happy. I wasn't expecting three children in one shot", I told her smiling.
"You know what, go home and rest. I'll drop by in the afternoon", she said. I nodded and got up and kissed her on the cheeks then walked out of the room.
**
The ride home was fast yet tiring. Thinking about the three beautiful babies growing in my belly, I felt good knowing I was not alone.
Once I got home I changed into a light dress and got under the covers. The thoughts about being a mother made me realize my future responsibility and my next step in life. I slowly felt my eyes become heavy and sink into the beautiful land of dreams.