Mon, Aug 1, 2016 (Part 2)

***

-Hey! 

-What's going on there? Leave the girl alone. –someone yells as they exit their car.

-HELP ME, PLEASE HELP ME – I yell as loud as I can

-I said leave the girl alone. –the voice is louder now, moving closer.

A spark of hope worms me, comforts me, giving me power to continue fighting, giving me strength not to give up.

But not for long.

-It's none of your business, me and my girlfriend are just having a little fun fight. – Jake says as he puts his arm around me across my neck, the end of his fingertips touching my cleavage, still holding me tightly so I can't break free. (I'm completely and utterly disgusted by him)

-I'm not hi... - he quickly moves his hand from my cleavage to my mouth. Shouting me up, while whispering in my ear

- If you dare even think of opening your mouth one more time...

Giving a smile to the guy

-Girls – Jake says calmly

I just cry, too scared to say anything, the fighter in me is nowhere to be found.

-I don't think that's the case here- the guy says, as he gets right into Jakes face.

-Now either you leave the girl alone or you'll have me to deal with, and believe me you do not want that. –holding onto his collar.

In Jakes eyes you could clearly see fear, but he was too big of a douchebag to admit it so he tries to play it cool.

-Fine, you can have her. – He says as he throws me into this guy.

Quickly Jake gets into his car, and speeds the hell away from us.

I fall down on the side of the road, and I just cry.

I feel relived, I feel scared, I feel confused, and I feel guilty...

I just want to forget.

The guy, who helped me, is sitting next to me, speechless.

I look at him

-Thank you – I say silently

He gives me a gentle smile

-There is nothing to thank me for.

I don't reply I just stare at the road before me, going back to....

Tears rolling down my cheeks, I don't make a sound. I need to pull myself together, I don't know if I can but I have to.

I wipe away my tears.

5 minutes go by.

10 minutes...

I feel his eyes on me the whole time, but somehow it doesn't feel weird or creepy, it's rather soothing, full of care, no bad intentions.

I look at my phone

3:30 am

-Oh my god. I need to go home. – I say worried. After what I try to call Mia to come and take me home. She doesn't reply.

-Come on I'll take you home. –the guy says.

-No, there is no need, my friend will come and pick me up, she just needs to pick up. – I reply as I redial.

- No I insist.

- Look it's not that there is anything wrong with you, but after everything that happened tonight, I just...

- I'm not him... You can trust me. –he cuts me off.

-Now please let me take you home. It's late. – he continues.

-Okay. – I say quietly, a little ashamed because I was quick to judge him based on someone else's actions.

He opens and holds the door of the car for me, I slowly start walking and I get into the car.

He gets in

- So, where are we going miss? – he asks playfully, trying to lighten the mood and break the ice.

I tell him my address, and we get going.

***

I'm quite, staring out of the window, blank in my thoughts.

All of a sudden he says

-My name is Max, nice to meet you. - he says, taking his eyes off the road and onto me.

I turn to face him, and can't help but notice his blue eyes.

-Summer, nice to meet you too. – I smile genially for the first time tonight.

After that for a couple of minutes we don't say anything.

-Where do I need to turn? – Max asks

-Right on the second road. – I say.

He turns right. And after few miters I say.

-You can stop here.

He stops.

-Thank you for everything. –I smile at him with puffy eyes and rosy cheeks before opening the door.

He smiles back and just before I closed my door he says

-Good night, Summer. – I smile and start walking as he takes off.