1

Riley's pov

My alarm blared into my ear, causing me to groan. I sat up and threw the covers off me. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I turned on the cold water and ran my hands through it. I splashed the water across my face to fully wake me up.

I stared at my self in the mirror for a while before putting my hair in a messy bun. I brushed my teeth and spit out the foam. I rinsed my mouth before walking back to my room.
What should I wear today? Oh well, I don't care. I settled with high waisted blue jeans and a white crop top that says 'Just Don't Care' on it.

I grabbed my phone off the charger and saw that I had 15 minutes to get to school. I have enough time because my school is a five minute walk from where I live. I put my phone in my back pocket, and headed down stairs.

"Hey dad." I said as I walked into the kitchen. He was sitting at the table eating breakfast that I'm assuming my step-mother cooked, because my dad couldn't cook even if his life depended on it. "Morning." He said smiling at me. "Hey Riley." My step mother, Nicole said. I gave a fake smile at her before rolling my eyes. I can't stand her! She acts all nice in front of my dad and when he's not in sight, she's a complete bitch.

I'm kind of disgusted with my dad because he married a someone who could be my older sister. She's 24 and he's 46. She's only seven years older than me. If that's normal, then I'm crazy.

I grabbed an apple and rubbed it against my shirt before biting into it. "Would you like me to cut that for you?" Nicole asked with a smile. I grimaced at her and shook my head. "I'm good." I said and she nodded.
"Well I should get going now." I said while swinging my backpack over my shoulder. "Have a wonderful day at school honey." Nicole said and rolled my eyes. This woman is trying way too hard.

"Bye dad." I said as I walked towards the front door. "Bye." Was the last thing I heard as I closed the door behind me.
-------------
I walked down the hall of my school, and towards my locker. I opened it and started getting my books for the day. Jack Gilinsky, the school's number one fuck boy walked up to me. I sighed. "What do you want?" I asked annoyed. "You." He said bluntly and I scoffed.

"Sorry Gilinsky, but I'm not an item so you can't have me." I said, closing my locker. I walked away and started heading towards my English class. I walked in the classroom and took my seat. I don't like being in the front because I don't want people to complain about my head, but I also don't want to sit in the back where I can get distracted, so I sit in the middle but to the side.

One by one, students began to enter the class. The bell rang and on cue, the teacher stood up.

"Good morning, class." Mr. Daniels said with a gloomy tone. Not even teachers wanted to be here. The class was interrupted by the door slamming shut. "Would you like to tell me why you're late Mr. Gilinsky?" Mr. Daniels asked with a hint of attitude. Ugh, why does this boy have to be in my class?

"No." Jack took his seat, which was in the back of the class. Mr. Daniels rolled his eyes. "Today we are learning about grammar because when you guys write, it's absolute bull." He said before continuing the lesson.
------------
"That's it for today!" Mr. Daniels shouted over the chaos. I walked out of the classroom only to be stopped by someone grabbing my arm. I turned around to see Jack with a smirk. "What do you want Gilinsky?" I asked with an annoyed tone.