Chapter 33

Dylan

"Where are you taking me?" Katherine asked for the umpteenth time.

"Just wait. We're almost there," I said, while I led her to the main dining room of her restaurant — well at least the place where she could put up her own restaurant.

Tonight is a special night. Not only are we telling my mom and dad about who she really is, but tonight... I'm going to ask Katherine to marry me.

There's no point in waiting. I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I want my ring on her finger. I want her to be the mother of my children. I want to grow old with her. I want a lifetime with her.

I chuckled to myself. That's a lot of wants.

"Dyl?"

I smiled. "So impatient."

"Can I take my blindfold off now?" She asked.

"Hold on. Stand here."

"Now?"

I chuckled.

"Now?"

"Katherine..."

"Please? Now?"

"Hold on a second," I said and made sure she was at the right angle.

"Now?" She said, giggling.

"Ok. Now," I said and helped her with her blindfold.

"What... What's this? Where are we?" She asked, confusion, surprised and wonder in her eyes.

"We're at your future restaurant," I said with a smile, as I wrapped my arms her from behind.

She gasped, as she turned to face me. "What?"

"I found a perfect spot for your dream restaurant. I also saw your notes on what you want your restaurant to look like, so I had my guys renovate this place exactly like how you want your restaurant to look like."

"You looked at my notes?"

I nodded guiltily. "Sorry babe. I didn't mean to invade your privacy. I just wanted to do this for you," I said.

I started to panic when tears gathered in her eyes.

"Fuck. You don't like it. I messed up. Shit. Baby, I'm sorr...." She pressed her finger against my lips.

"Thank you," she said softly, before replacing her finger with her lips, kissing me tenderly. "You've given me so much already...."

I shook my head. "Not nearly enough."

"Your love is more than enough. I've said it before, but I never wanted love. But you made me want and fight for the kind of love people dream about. You have made all my dreams come true, Dyl."

"Not quite," I said.

I held her hands in mine nervously.

My heart was beating furiously.

"Dyl, are you okay? You're making me nervous," Katherine said shakily.

"I will never forget the first moment I laid eyes on you. You looked so incredibly beautiful. Stunning. I couldn't tear my gaze away from you. You looked confident, yet nervous at the same time. You were shy, yet you had a fight in you as well. You appear strong and in control, when in truth, you were shaking with uncertainty and fear. That's why I said you were a walking contradiction," I chuckled. Then swallowed the lump in my throat before continuing. "You fought me every step of the way and as much as it infuriates me, I loved every second of it. I loved fighting and arguing with you. I loved proving you wrong. I loved that even when you were fighting me, you still come apart in my arms whenever I hold you. I loved the fact that no matter how many times you tell yourself that you don't need me, you seek me at the first sign of trouble. I'm the one you think of calling. I'm the one you want to hold you and whisper soothing words to you. I love that you need me..."