PART 1: MARRIAGE IN 24 HOURS

Sanyukta Agarwal is an 18 year old woman. NOTE 'not a girl' as she has been forced to grow up as a woman to take care of herself. Her mother passed away leaving her alone with her loving father. Just for her sake he married another woman who was mother of a son and daughter from her first husband who committed suicide.

But, unfortunately her father died in an accident leaving her alone with cruel stepmother and step siblings who treat her just like a trash.  From her clothes, food, studies and other basic things are very hard to get. Simply, her life is messed up but she always finds a reason to be happy.

She studied in a government school for free and now doing her Bachelor of Arts in Literature in a prestigious university by doing a double part time job in a babysitting centre and saleswomen in a gift shop. On top of this, she has to come home and cook for her step mother and siblings.

TIME: 5 AM (RAINY SEASON)

The alarm rang loudly waking her from the much wanted sleep of hers; she groaned and sat up turning of the alarm from her old versioned buttoned mobile which was used by her elder step sister Vidushi.

She rubbed her eyes vigorously to get out of her sleepiness and looked around her allotted room which was very smaller than a hostel room and walked to her attached small bathroom which was similar to the size of a cupboard.

She took a bath in the very cold water. She did have geezer in that small bathroom but, she couldn't use them because her stepmother (Rania) had set up a separate electricity line for her small room alone which she has to pay her bills on her own but if she did that then it will not be possible for her to pay college fees.

Walking out she pulled her usual pale Kurti and Patiala pant with shawl. She took out her books and started making notes and prepare for the day's class.

There was a loud bang on the door getting attention from her books "oh my highness, it is 7 o clock can you please get up and opened the door!" came the sarcastic voice of Rania.

Sanyukta widened her eyes in realizing that 2 hours have passed and still she is in the room instead of kitchen making tea and breakfast for them. She got up and hid her books under the blankets because she doesn't want her book tore up again by her stepmother who has tore the book many times for being late.

She walked and opened the door to let Rania barge and question her "Why didn't you start making breakfast?" asked eyeing her room.

Sanyukta "I...I...for...got!" stammered.

Rania "What do you mean by forgot? How many times I have to tell you that I want my tea at 7 o clock?"

Sanyukta "sorry... I won't do this mistake again" said gulping the fear forming in her.

Rania "Do I have to believe you?" Sanyukta nodded her head in approval but Rania grit her teeth and gave a tight slap across her face "now, you will definitely not forget to make tea and breakfast on time" said and dashed out of the room making Sanyukta cry on her fate.

Sanyukta entered her college and sat under a tree and leaned back "life, my life is great very great...a life that not evens my enemy could have... I have such a great life" thought sarcastically.

She closed her eyes and thought about all those memories she spent with her real parents, all those moments where she always thought her life was perfect. A sad smile curved on her face thinking about all of them "I was devastated when my mom passed away leaving me and dad all alone in this world soon; we recovered ourselves and started to live a normal life. My dad did everything as a father as well as a mother he never let me feel like a motherless daughter. But, nevertheless I needed a mom, more than that a woman who will be there for me in my crucial time when I will start growing as a child into a girl. It was me who asked for a mother so my dad unwillingly married another woman who was very good until my dad passed away in an accident. After that, everything changed she started to curse me, beat me and whipped me too because she felt I was unnecessary burden as I was her step daughter when she has already a daughter and son to take care off.