sunshine

Before this part starts I just want to say that when I see comments on my books it makes me soooooo happy and I love reading them! You guys are TRULY the best. love you ❤️💛
•••
Riley's outfit:

 love you ❤️💛•••Riley's outfit:

Riley Matthews.

Its been a couple days since Farkle left me by myself at the cafe. I couldn't get over it honestly. He hasn't talked to me since that day and it hurts my feelings.

I decided I would go on a walk for a bit I put on my black wool coat and black knee high boots and left my apartment. Once I got outside I sighed a sigh of relief. I started walking and watching others too.

I turned around a corner to see somebody spray painting a building. I quickly realized that it was Farkle. I ran over and grabbed the spray paint from him and threw it on to the ground. He turned to me and gave me a dirty look. "why?" I said and continued shortly after "why are you doing this! I love you the way you are."

"Riley I'm a softie now, I used to run away from people and steal from stores now I walk and pay like a normal everyday person. I want to be different, like the old me." He said back and I nodded before coming close to his face.

"I believed in you, I believed in you to become a great person and now your taking it away from yourself." I said and he scoffed "I really did, but you never once believed in me... Ever. So this is me giving up on you, we're done Farkle." I said as he stared in my deep brown eyes while my gaze switched between his lips and eyes. I waited a moment for him to say something or stop me but he didn't.

I turned around and stormed off walking back to my apartment. I couldn't help but shed a couple tears while running back to my apartment. I accidentally bumped into people but I soon arrived back at my home. I opened my door and locked it behind me.

I ran to the balcony and breathed in and slowly breathed out making it look like smoke was coming out of my mouth because of my hot breath being exposed to the cold air. I cried quietly before walking off my balcony into my living room then walking out of my apartment and walking to Zays.

I knocked on the door and it opened and it was Zay. He immediately knew what happened. He opened his arms for a hug and I hugged him crying into his shoulder.

Farkle Minkus.

I stood in the alleyway after Riley stormed off. My heart was broken and shattered. I did this to myself, I suddenly felt angry and wanted to do something else.

I grabbed my hammer from my bag and went to one of the local parks that had many sculptures. I swung the hammer up and was about to hit the sculpture made of stone until a hand held my wrist with the hammer. I looked behind me to see... Zay.

"Farkle." Zay said with anger pouring out of him. I dropped the hammer and it landed on the dirt that was on the ground.

"What do you want." I rolled my eyes and yanked my wrist out of his hand.

"I need to knock some sense into you. Look at what you're doing, your driving people away. Riley was heartbroken that you left her at that cafe by herself because you realized how much you changed... Selfish if you ask me. When she saw you tagging a building it hurt her to see you changing again. She broke up with you and when she did you just let her leave and that's what hurt her most, you didn't even try to stay with her Farkle!" Zay said loudly and my breathing became heavier.

"It's not your buisness on what happens in my relationship." I snapped and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm your friend and I don't want you to lose a good thing... Riley is one of the best things you have, don't let her slip away." Zay said And I looked down at my hands "I guess you need to reside in the middle to keep Riley, be the old you and the new you."

"Right, thanks Zay." I said and he nodded before walking off. But once he left I did it. I smashed the sculpture and ran. I understand what Zay said but I want to be the old me.

I ran all the way home. When I got to my house I got my laptop out and looked at Riley's Instagram. Her username was "rileysunshine" I saw a photo of myself and her. Her smile was large and genuine, mine was real but I really couldn't believe it.

She is my sunshine, please don't take my sunshine away.