Chapter 4

I awoke the next morning, with a painful kink in my neck. I had slept right on top of the journal, wrong choice. Slowly rising up, I stretched trying to release the tautness of the muscle to no avail.

I looked at my phone 7:15 a.m. and 2 messages.

Opened the first message.

It was Brittany.

6:58 a.m.- Don't forget our lunch date today babe. {Brittany}

Her message had me confused and for a second I had completely forgot I had been seeing Britanny for three weeks now.

Yikes. I was in a bind I had nothing planned. She probably knew I would forget, at least she was thoughtful enough to say something.

7:20 a.m. Sure thing babe.

Within minutes I heard another ping of my Phone.

7: 22 a.m J {Brittany}

A smiley face was all she sent. I opened up the other message it was from Torren.

7:09 a.m -Dude we need to decide what we'll be doing for Fool's day. {Torren}

7:24 a.m. – Its April fool's. A day to pull pranks not to act like an ass.

7:25 a.m. – I know that! Still... a plan is needed. No promises on the ass part. {Torren)

7:27 a.m. – We'll talk in class.

7:28 a.m. :/ sure but you better come with ideas. This senior year prank has got to be epic! {Torren}

I looked at his last message and threw my phone to the side. I didn't bother to answer. My mind was again fixed on the journal remembering how Mystic as I officially dubbed her was preparing for the dance back in February. I remembered that dance it was lit, but no as much fun as I would have liked, still I didn't remember seeing or dancing with anyone out of the ordinary. It was the same faces as always.

So who was she?

Did she even go?

I had to know more. So I got off the bed and sat by my dresser taking out some briefs and a t-shirt for the bath ahead. I sat and read.

February 14, 2016

Dear Journal,

As one would guess from the fresh air and chirping birds and the sickening smell of love everywhere, today was valentine's day and although I had no date for tonight's Cupid's Ball Dance at Kemp's Bay High, I refused to let that weaken my resolve to go out and have fun like Leah enjoined.

I decided to pretty it up today, just a tad and wear a smudge of eyeliner and lipgloss that I had tucked away into the deep abyss of my dresser's drawers. After searching for what felt like hours I was rewarded with a face than seemed a bit dolled up. My curly hair fell down in heaps passed my shoulders and I couldn't help but wonder what wonders make up can do , even with the tiniest of use.

I didn't dear wear anything out of the ordinary. It was valentines, I didn't want any added attention that I was alone and an outcast. So I made an exception and wore a red sweat shirt instead of a darker colour like black or charcoal grey. Believe me it was a drastic difference from my regular appearance. I looked out the window hoping to catch some fresh air I desperately needed, today was going to be a lonnggg day not only of writing to clear my mind but also dodging people asking me if I want to buy anything valentine's related for my boyfriend that didn't exist.