Chapter 1

{Top- Artesia's outfit}
{Key- Yigon: y-eye-gone: a dragon/human hybrid}

I sat on the branch of a tree, staring in awe as the sun painted the sky with orange red and gold. It was beautiful, and astonishing. My ear twitched as the sound of leaves crunching faintly slithered into earshot. I put on a confused face and gracefully hopped down the branches or the tree. I looked down at the leaf covered ground, just in time to see three things enter the clearing in front of me. I hopped a few trees to the left, and got a better look of them. As far as I could tell, two were male, and one was female. They looked like me, excepted their eyes had no glow, and no horns poked out of their skin. Curiosity, and anger pricked my brain as I went a bit further ahead. My feet crashed into the ground, landing a few yards in front of them. All three stopped and stared. I stared back, brushing a few strands of my red hair out of my face.

"What are you doing this deep in the forest?" I asked calmly.

The two boys stepped in front the girl, who looked terrified. She wore what I believe was called a dress. The boys however, wore clothing quite similar to what I use to wear. They both wore brown cloth around their legs that stop at their knees, and short sleeved tunics.

"Who are you?" One of the boys asked.

"And what are you wearing?" The girl asked, taking a step forward.

I tilted my head in confusion.

"My name is Artesia." I said, feeling slightly awkward.

The boys looked at each other. They seemed to be having a conversation with their eyes.

"What happened to your face?" The girl asked.

She wasn't much taller then me. She had blonde hair and dull blue eyes. It was strange seeing eyes that didn't glow. Maybe it was a sickness. I furrowed my eyebrows at the question.

"I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean." I said calmly.

"I mean, why are there bumps in your face and why are your eyes two different colors?" The girl asked, inspecting my face.

"These aren't bumps, there my horns. Why don't you have any?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Because I'm a normal human being." She said in the tone of a question.

I cocked my head to the side.

"What's a human?" I asked.

She looked at me as if I had lost my head. She sighed heavily.

"Great, first we get lost, and now we have to deal with a lunatic in the woods." She said, sending an angered glare at the boys.

"You are lost?" I asked.

"Uh-huh." The girl muttered, nodding.

They all started talking to each other. I waited a few moments before clearing my throat. They didn't respond, and I did it again. They just kept on talking as if I weren't there. I tapped the girls shoulder. She whipped around.

"What?" She asked, raising her voice.

I flinched at the sudden change of tone.

"Maybe I can help." I said, staring her in the eyes.

The girl rolled her eyes.