Chapter 3

He gathered his books and went to his locker for the last time for the day. This was going to be the day he asked Nala on a date. She has been over his house every day for a couple of months now. He walked down the hallway to see everyone waiting by his locker as they do every day now. He looked down at Nala as he approached her. "Hey..." He said locking eyes with her.

She looked up at him and smiled blushing lightly. "Hey Flame..." He grinned at her showing his canines. He then looked over at his brother and smiled as he was talking to Kiara. "Hey Zone! You are going home now or later?" He said as his brother looked over at him. "Nope later." He said before turning back to Kiara. "You drove your car or mom's?" He asked glancing down at Nala. "Mine" As he held up his Civic keys. He nodded and looked down at Nala. "It's just going to be us today...If you're okay with that..." He said rubbing the back of his neck. She looked up at him with wide eyes but nodded slightly. "Yes it is..." She said looking back at her sister smiling and then back at him.

He grinned and started walking towards the door and to his car. He drove them to the Mall of Georgia and got out the car, going to the other side to open the door for her to get out. As they walked out around laughing as she looked at clothes and jewelry that she liked she frowned and looked down at her stomach then up at him. "Can we get something to eat?" He grinned and nodded as they made the journey to the food court. As they walked towards the food court she gasped and looked down as a group of boys started walking down towards them.

They looked like the stereotypical group of jock boys. Rich, letterman jackets, tall, good looking...etc. He looked down at Nala and up at them as they reached them. "Hey Nala..." The tallest one said. He seemed like the leader of the pack. Best looking one, richest...etc. He was the tallest one but was still at least two inches shorter than him and smaller too. He stuck out his hand and tried to make conversation with the jock. "Hey I'm Flame!" He said grinning showing his canines. The jock looked at him and snorted. "Hey man I'm Percy..." He said looking down at his hand then looking at his friends laughing lightly. He then turned his attention back to Nala.

"Hey Nala, I'm talking to you!" He said grabbing her hand to make her look up at him. Flame's wolf took over for a second his eyes changed from their bright pink to a fiery red and he canines lengthened slightly as he growled giving Percy a 'release her or die" look. He was about to punch Percy in the face when Nala yanked her hand back and intertwined her fingers with Flame's. "Leave me alone Percy, can't you see I'm with my boyfriend..." She said looking up at him with hope in her eyes that he will catch on and go along with it. As her hand intertwined with his, the fire in his eyes died down and returned to their original pink color.

He looked down at her with wide eyes but silently nodded and looked at Percy grinning slightly. Percy looked down at their hands and snorted. "So what? What does that have to do with me? I'm trying to get with you. Not both of you." He said looking around at his friends laughing and then looking back at them. Flame growled and just as he was about to attack once again Nala intervened. "I will never be with you. Just give up..." She sneered at him. Flame looked down at her and grinned. "What did you say bitch?!" Percy said as he raised his hand to slap her. Before he was able to strike her Flame punched him square in the jaw, fracturing it instantly and pushing him back into his friends.

His friends grabbed him and looked up at Flame angered. Flame has been doing Muay Thai since he was 5 and was very skilled. He looked at them and released Nala's hand as he saw that there was going to be a problem with that. He took a deep breath looked down at Nala, grinned then winked showing her that he got this. He thought back to his sensei and got into the correct fighting pose. He opened his eyes studying them the way that his master taught. Read their movements, eye darts, etc. As they attacked he saw it before they did it and was able to counter before they were able to move.

They were down in less than 30 seconds. He then looked up at Nala and grinned. He walked over to Percy and picked him up by the collar of his shirt and walked him over to her. "Apologize. Now." He said as his eyes turned a fiery red and growled softly. "I'm sorry..." He mumbled barely above a whisper. "Louder! I could barely hear you and I'm right here." He growled and glanced over at Nala as she giggled softly. He grinned softly then looked back at Percy. "I'm sorry Nala..." He said louder and sneered up at Flame. "Happy?" He said as he yanked himself away and walked back towards his friends, Flame grinned and walked back to Nala.

She glared up at him and shook her head. "What?" He said rubbing the back of his neck. She leaned up and kissed him on the cheek, "Thanks, Flame..." She whispered as she wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him tightly. He wrapped his arms around her waist as his wolf inside whispered two words. "Mine. Jade." He blinked and pulled back looking down at Nala. She looked back up at him with the same face and blinked. "Luke." "Jade" They said in unison. She gasped lowly and jumped back. "We have to talk to my dad." She said and grabbed his arm running towards the exit and to the car.