Chapter VI

So... Sorry that it has been awhile. I've been under quite a bit of stress, and I've been pretty busy. But, I aspire to write a few more chapters before my exams, so hopefully that will happen. Enjoy! xx

"How can you possibly remember where you are going?" Carter asked as they took another left turn down another identical corridor. They had taken the elevator up to floor 7 and had taken many turns down many corridors that were impossible to differentiate. Carter could no longer keep track of where they were, but somehow Jake did. He was somehow able to navigate the maze of hallways without a moment of confusion. Carter wondered if she ever had, or if she ever would again be able to navigate these halls. It really did seem impossible. Jake looked back at her, confused. He tried to think of how to explain it.

"Well, we grew up here, we- I just know." He shrugged. Carter rubbed her arm. Goddess, having no memories sucked... She sighed. Jake gave her an encouraging smile and gently nudged her.

"You'll remember soon, and then you will find your way just like you use to... and well I will just reteach you until you remember!" He promised, as he took one more right. They were at a dead end corridor, and there was only one door at the very end. Carter had been able to hear the music for a while, but now it was louder and it was truly pulsing through the floor. Carter's ears were already hypersensitive to the sound, and they weren't even at the door yet. Jake didn't look fazed by it, but it was booming in Carter's ears. Jake led her to the door and pushed it open, revealing the party happening inside. Carter started getting nervous again but Jake tugged her inside despite her hesitancy.

"This is going to be good for you. And I'll be here the whole time." He promised.

The room was filled with teenagers who were dancing and talking to each other. Carter didn't recognise anyone, no memories returned. She hid herself directly behind Jake, feeling anxious and overwhelmed at all the sights, smells and lights. Jake held onto her hand as he pulled them through the group of dancers, to the back of the room. Before they got to the hallway someone grabbed Carter's arm and she was yanked around to face two girls, who must have been about her age. They looked ecstatic to see her, while she just felt overwhelmed. She had no idea who they were, but they definitely knew her.

"Carter! Hi!" The taller one greeted enthusiastically, wrapping her arms around her and squeezing her. Carter tried not to choke on her perfume, which was intense this close up.

"How are you? You just got out of medical today didn't you?" The blonde one asked, following her friend's hug with one of her own. She too was wearing a strong perfume. In fact every girl in there was wearing something florally, fruity or zesty, and all of these combined with the males' scents were mixing into a massive nauseating cloud. The room was too small, Carter felt like she was going to be sick. All her senses were under attack.

"Hi uh I am alright I guess." Carter replied over the music as she tried to remain calm. Both of them nodded and smiled at her. She looked back at Jake for a second before looking at the two girls again. She just wanted to get out of there.

"Look, I am so sorry, but I have no idea who you are. I've got really bad amnesia." Carter admitted before she could edit herself. Both of the girl's faces fell for a second before they began smiling from ear to ear again.

"Oh yeah, we're sorry! Well I'm Lena!" The blonde said. "I live two doors down from you on floor 9, and we work together!"

"And I am Katrina, I work with you too. Our moms are really good friends." The other explained before they both hugged her again. Carter nodded once they let go of her.

"Nice to meet you...again..." she laughed nervously. She looked back at Jake before noticing Marnie in the corner talking to three other girls. Carter couldn't hear them; the noise was being swallowed by the blasting speakers. Carter was getting a deep headache and felt as if she would throw up from the heat from the packed bodies, the blaring bass and the swirl of perfumes and wolf scents.