Chapter 8

Shalom guys :) Please keep on reading and voting and such. It really means a lot!

***

Matthew's P.O.V.-

Ria slammed her hands on the table and stood up, furious. "What the fuck do you mean, you used to work for my father?"

"Calm down Ria." Josh said as he walked in casually. "It was all just an act to get the scoop on what was goin' down."

Ria's blue eyes narrowed as she studied each one of us. "What's his plan then?" She asked finally.

"We can't tell you." I told her. "We can't take a risk that you'll try to take it into your own hands." She crossed her arms and sat down.

"Is whatever he's planning going to happen soon?" She asked quietly, not quite meeting our eyes.

Sam, answered, "Soon enough, we're pretty sure. You don't have to worry though. We're gonna protect you guys."

Ria nodded her head slightly, then looked up at us. "So what do you know about me?"

We smiled and Zach said, "Well we know that your name is Ria Elizabeth Jackson, you're 17 years old. Your birthday is May 12. You grew up in California but after your father, you know, and you escaped, you moved here and got into underground fighting. We hear you're pretty good. My name's Zach by the way."

Ria didn't say a word. Instead she just stared hard at us. Then her stomach growled loudly making all of us laugh.

Standing up from the table, I said that I'd make dinner, then asked what everyone wanted.

"Pizza!" All the guys answered. Ria agreed by nodding her head, then went into the living room where Levi was.

"She's hot." Josh said bluntly.

Sam snorted. "Obviously. But she looks pretty broken too. We gotta be careful around her. Plus, I'm pretty sure that she could kick all our asses if she wanted to. Have you seen her fighting records?"

"Never lost a fight." I said as I put the pizza in the oven. "Never even came close."

"That's insane." Sam whispered.

"Prolly 'cause she's not scared of anyone." Josh concluded.

"She seemed pretty scared of us." Zach retorted.

"Nah. She's just cautious, which is good. She just wants to protect Levi. I don't think she even cares about herself that much." He looked into the living room. 

I nodded in agreement. "I think you're right man."

Josh smirked. "I'm always right bro."

I rolled my eyes. "Keep an eye on the pizza."

Running up the stairs, I peeked into the living room and saw Ria tickling a giggly Levi, and she genuinely looked happy. Not like she'd been through hell. Maybe she really is only happy when Levi's happy.

Our office door was open and I walked in, looking at the files from when we worked for Mr. Jackson, Ria's father. His plan was mostly set, except for a few minor tweaks that needed to happen. It was smart for us to work for him for a bit, and get the scoop on Ria and Levi.

Ria had definitely had it bad. She'd been beaten, raped, and tortured, then managed to escape, only to have to hide. I hope she knew that we really did intend on helping her, and we'd do whatever it takes to do that.

Alright I know it was short! But I hope you liked it! Please PLEASE please keep on reading. Comment what you think!