Chapter 4

Ria's P.O.V-

As I walked into my house, I was instantly attacked by a little 9 year old boy. "Ria!" My little brother yelled.

"Hi Levi. How was your day?" I asked my brother. Levi had curly light brown hair and dark dark green eyes. He looked more like my mom.

"It was good." He smiled. "I'm hungry! Will you make me food?" He asked. I sighed, and nodded. As I went into the kitchen, which was hardly a kitchen at all, I noticed the cupboards were bare. For some reason, this made me frustrated. Our small trailor made me frustrated, my single bed that I shared with Levi made me frustrated, our tiny bathroom made me frustrated. Having no t.v made me frustrated. Knowing we had people after us made me frustrated. I slid down the wall, trying not to cry.

Just then, my cell phone rang. I wiped my tears, and answered, "Hello?"

Robbie's P.O.V-

A girl's voice answered. "Is this Ria?" I asked. The girl on the other line sniffled and replied, "Yeah. This is Robbie, right?"

I smiled and said, "Yeah! I just wanted to make sure I had the right number."

"Oh, yeah, okay." She replied, sounding sad. Maybe frustrated.

"You okay?" I asked. Then she she starting sobbing. Loud, heart wrenching sobs that broke my heart and I couldn't even see her.

"Ria. Ria, calm down. What's wrong?" She didn't answer, and kept on cryinng.

Tristin gave Ria a ride home from school, so he knows where she lives. "Ria, I'll be there soon. Okay?" Again, there was no reply and this time I hung up and quickly dialed Tristin's number. He answered on the third ring.

"Hullo." His deep voice said.

"Tristin, this is Robbie." I told him and then continued, "Where does Ria live?"

"Uh, why do you want to know?" He asked.

I sighed, knowing the quickest way to get her address was to give an explanation, so I told him about the phone call, and he quickly gave me her address, saying he'll meet me there.

I hopped in my car, and drove the 15 minutes to Ria's house, pulling in the same time as Tristin.

A trailer? That's where she lived? We both got out of our cars and ran inside, finding a little boy and Ria sitting on the floor in the tiny kitchen. The boy was holding Ria's hand and looking up at us, confused. Ria was sobbing and oblivious to anything that was going on around her.

"Ria!" Tristin exclaimed, looking at her wide-eyed. Ria slowly lifted her head, and I gasped when I saw how desperate her eyes looked.

"Levi, go play outside." She told the little boy, her brother I'm guessing. Levi stood up and brushed past us, outside.

Tristin sat next to Ria, and asked what was wrong. She chuckled dryly.

"What isn't wrong is the question." She said, closing her eyes. "Levi and I have nowhere to stay, so we're staying here. In a tiny trailer with one bed."

"Why don't you have anywhere to stay?" I asked her.

"Because if my dad knew where we were, we'd be killed."