End Chapter

End: Sorry to hear

Klaus had slept in her bed that night. He still couldn't process it.

The next day he headed back home, still sobbing to himself.

**

"Brother?" Elijah called to him as a dirty, cut up Niklaus entered the room, tears still continually streaming down his face shamelessly.

He walked to Elijah, Rebekah, Davina and failed to show his happiness of the return of Kol who stood next to Davina.

"She's gone." He admitted.

The group of people were confused about what he was speaking about.

"I don't quite understand," Kol spoke up, confused.

"Aria. She's gone. They killed her." He yelled out picking up the lamp on the table beside them and chucking it across the room with such strength.

"I loved her! She left a note for me, she was scared, I-..." He let out a cry and tugged at his hair, "She wasn't waiting for me. She's gone, brothers."  He turned to them, with an overwhelmed look that none of the people in the room was used to seeing.

Elijah stood and parted his lips, speechless. He sucked in a breath and allowed tears to his eyes as he looked to his feet.

Kol stood with utter shock. He hadn't even been back for four hours yet.

"That's impossible..." He said to himself.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't be there to help," Davina admitted,  a sad frown on her pretty features.

Elijah walked to Klaus and pulled him into a tight hug, not sure if he was even well enough to be helping others himself.

**

Stefan walked into the boarding house and looked for Damon. Elena sat in the living room with the fireplace, chatting to Caroline and Bonnie.

"Have you seen Damon?" He asked the girls.

"Yeah, he's here." A cheeky voice sounded from behind Stefan.

"I've just heard some big news," he started, "I don't know if it's true, but I sure as hell aren't going to go asking myself for the truth." He rambled to
Damon, who was greatly impatient.

"Ok, Steffany what is your point?" He asked, sitting on an armchair next to the couch occupied by Elena, Bonnie and Caroline who were listening for the announcement.

"Aria Torres is dead. People are packing up and leaving New Orleans in fear of Klaus." He admitted.

Damon looked at him with a doubtful look, "Where amongst the depths of bullshit did you hear this, Stefan?"

"Tyler. He's still hellbent on killing a Klaus, he's been keeping tabs on him. She was taken and killed to make Klaus and the Originals vulnerable."

Damon sat up, furrowing his brows together as he processed the information. He liked her and the last words said between them was her telling him to leave her alone.

"Damon..." Elena said sympathetically.

"You know, -- she was always there for me. He admitted, "I let her down so many times and she was there." He said to himself and sat back frowning.

**

Aria lay on her back, crying to herself, barely able to breathe right in the clammy box-like space.

   Everyone thought she was dead; they had stopped looking.

• Flashback •

She put the stretchy fabric back over the cover of her journal and set it on her bedside table as she heard the voices outside stop talking.

  She sat on her bed as she heard the lock on her door click open. She watched the door handle move down before it opened and in walked Ron.

He closed the door behind him and walked down the few steps.

"Hey." He hesitantly said to her.

"Hi, Ron. Miss me?" She relaxed a little, Ron was harmless.

"A little if I'm honest, I'm really sorry that this is happening, you know I don't want to help, right?" He asked, clutching the wooden stake in his hand under his leg, although Aria spotted it as soon as he walked through the door.

"Eh, you're only being loyal." She said, understanding.

"Thank you..." He rushed, "I need to tell you something." He whispered lowly, knowing that Aria could hear him with her senses.

"What?" She mouthed back.

"They're not going to kill you. They're going to bury you alive." He admitted in a voice so low, he couldn't hear himself and wasn't sure he was even making a noise.

Aria nodded, informing him silently to leave to which he quickly did.

She scattered about the room, looking for something. Anything to defend herself with.

She froze during her search when it became apparent to her that Gwen was now standing behind her.

"I'm sorry, you know. I don't want to do this," she said seriously. Aria heard her obnoxious heels clicking against the floorboards.

Aria breathed heavily, starring through the metal window, "Why don't you just kill me? Why don't you just put me out of misery before the misery even starts?" She choked out, slamming her eyelids shut at the thought of becoming unknown to her loved ones once more.

"Why don't you just end me now, Gwen?" She yelled loudly facing the wall, spotting as she yelled, the bone in her neck becoming very prominent as she yelled with such anger.

The older witch decided to let her talk. It was true, -- she didn't want to do this. She didn't want to commit such sin to anger the Mikaelsons, but in regards to her survival, she had no choice. Everybody for themselves.

"I have to suffer, hearing his voice again knowing he will never hear me again, knowing I won't see anyone anymore. All because you're too fucking delusional to see that in doing so, won't make Esther spare your life! It's what she fucking does! She lies." Her voice cracked.

When she turned around to face the woman she was met with the wall on the other side.

She took a breath before a hand reached out from behind her and covered her mouth with a cloth soaked in vervain, a needle embedded itself within her arm and she collapsed.

   And then everything went black.

-

Guys ;-;

-B