Chapter 18

Patrick's POV

It only took a few days for the police to find Sally. They caught her and Will both. They were arrested and awaiting trial.

By the time the trial came around though, I was almost totally healed from what they'd done to me. Pete was over it too. And Tori-tori was about to pop.

In fact, she was two weeks past her due date.

"Baaaaaaabe!" She shrieked across the house.

"What's wrong?" I called back.

"Make. This. Stop!" She yelled.

"It'll be over soon, baby." I said, entering the living room where she was. Declan was crawling around on the floor at her feet. He was getting too big too fast.

"I want this thing out of me right now!" She cried.

I sat beside her, placing my hand on her giant belly. "I know you're miserable baby, I know. I wish I could feel it for you." I said.

"Well, you can't. And the doctor said there were ways to induce labor. So why don't we look them up?" She demanded.

"Baby, we did look them up-"

"Then why haven't we done them?!?!" She screamed.

"Tori, calm down." I said. I regretted it instantly.

"Calm down? Calm down?! Are you fucking serious?! Why don't you carry a baby for almost ten months!!" She yelled.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you mad. Why don't we try some of those things the doctor told us about?" I said.

Tori crossed her arms and didn't answer. "She said spicy foods help, but you hate spicy food." I said.

Tori made a face and shook her head.

"Long walk?"

"No."

"Well, there's some sort of oil-"

"Sex!" She yelled.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Sex! That'll work!" She exclaimed.

"Um, Tori, hold up." I said. "First of all, you and I haven't done that since....you got pregnant. And second of all, Declan is right there."

"So call Pete to come get him!" She cried.

"Tori, what do you want me to say? 'pete, can you watch my son so I can fuck tori? Don't worry, it's just so she'll go into labor.'"

"That's an idea."

I shook my head and stood up. "You've lost your mind, Char." I said.

"What? You don't want to?" She asked.

"I'm not having this conversation." I said.

I started to walk away, and she didn't say anything else. I took Declan up to his nursery and sang him to sleep. When I went back downstairs to apologize to her-i felt kind of bad for saying she'd lost her mind-I found her exactly where Id left her.

Except she was crying.

"Tori!" I exclaimed.

I hurried over to her and sat with her, taking her hands. "Baby, what's wrong? Are you hurting?" I asked.

"No." She sniffled. She wouldn't look at me.

"Did I hurt your feelings?" I asked.

She didn't answer.