She has blue eyes

The next day Lindsey picked Stevie up for lunch. They ate at a small diner.

"So" Stevie sipped on her water "Tell me about your fiancé."

"Uhm well, her name is Carol Ann I met her at a party after a concert. She's very nice. We're togehter for 10 years now."

"Wow that's a long time"

"Yeah indeed we're very happy together" No we are not at least I'm not, he thought. 

Stevie forced a smile "I'm very happy for you Linds"

"Thank you Steph. So, uh, why did you divorced from your husband"

"oh we had...difficulties" 

".....he abused you didn't he?"

"wha...what?! n-no" She looked shocked.

"Don't hide it from me Nicks I saw it in your eyes"

"well he......kind of....yeah...."

"Why didn't you called me?! I know we had no contact but you mean a lot to me and If I would have known that he abused you I would have killed him!"

"Yes and that's why I didn't contaced you Lindsey!" Besides some other reasons.

She was in tears now.

"Steph,look...I'm sorry I....just care about you and I don't want that someone hurts you."

"I know Linds, I know, thank you" She smiled and wiped her tears away.

Suddenly he stroke her hand. Stevie immediately had butterflies in her stomach.

Damn Buckingham what are you doing with me. She thought

Lindsey felt the same. She's still so beautiful..If I just could turn back time.

He cleared his throat after a while.

"Stevie? about the band .....are you....are you in?"

"Yes I think I'm in but-"

He hugged her tightly.

"Thank you Steph!!"

"You're welcome" She laughed.

One hour later they were standing in the driveway.

"So......"

"so....it was a nice lunch Stevie"

"Yes it was indeed very nice" Both smiled.

"So I think I see you tomorrow then"

"Yes indeed"

They looked into each other's eyes for a long time until Lindsey came closer to her. She closed her eyes and leaned in.

"Stevie I....."

Suddenly the door swung open and a dog ran out. 

"NO! COME BACK"

Jill ran after him.

"What in the......Jill!"

"Hey Mom" She kept running until the dog came back to her.

"Jill what is that?"

"Well it barks, has a lot of fur, likes meat. It's probably grandpa!"

"Jillian!" 

Lindsey couldn't help but laugh until he got a look from Stevie.

"Can we keep him? Pleeease Mom! I went to the animal shelter just for taking out the dogs for free there but then he just didn't left my side. I'll take care of him I promise"

"Jill did you talked with your grandparents about this"

"Yes they said it's okay because they found a house for us"

"A...what?....I was only 3 hours away and now we have a dog and a house?"

"Oh so you're gonna say yes to the dog?! Thank you mom!"

Lindsey giggled "1 point for your daughter"

"So Steph....I have to go now uhm...As I said see you tomorrow" he smiled.

"Yes..see you there" She smiled back.

After Lindsey drove away Jill had a huge grin on her face.

"Someone is in lohooove" She said in a singing voice. 

"I'm not!" I am!

"Yes you're" 

Stevie laughed and they both went into the house.

Later that evening at Lindsey's house.

Carol Ann sat in front of him and told him all about the wedding ideas she had. But he didn't listen all he could think of was Stevie.

If Jill hadn't interrupted us then.....

"Lindseeeey?? Lindsey!"

"huh...what?"

"Are you even listening?"

"Sure honey"

"Okay I think we should get white and pink flowers and all of the guests should wear either pink or blue isn't that just perfect?!!" She clapped her hands in exitement.

"U-hu...sure whatever you want" Why is she so annoying sometimes?

She kept talking while Lindsey sipped on his beer.

If we hadn't had that fight 17 years ago then....we were probably married by now. Damn because of that damn fight that wimp of a man abused her.....We had probably children, too. She is such a perfect mother....and Jill....wow she is indeed just like her...I wish I were her father...WAIT, Lindsey...you're engaged why do you think of that just now! Oh....Carol looks annoyed...she probably said something....

He smiled and nodded at Carol Ann. She smiled back, kissed him on the cheek and went to the bedroom.

There's something about Jill.....she looks so familiar to me....wait....she's 16 now that means Stevie got pregnant immediately after she left.....or was she already?.....She has blue eyes...just like me...or maybe Stevies ex husband has blue eyes, too. She can't be my daughter...it can't be...or can it?