Everything will be fine

Jill and Marty were in his room to figure out new ideas for helping Lindsey while Stevie was downstairs with Christine. 

"So....you know Dave since?"

"Since we were 15. He was the football captain of our high school and we dated at that time."

"..Stevie? Are you happy?"

"What?"

"Are you happy with him?" 

"Yes of course!...........no.....I don't know" She sighed and sat down on the sofa.

"Are you in love with him?"

"I care about him"

"Stevie"

"Ugh I don't know Christine okay?! He makes me feel good and he doesn't hurt me like Lindsey"

"Oh sweetheart..." Chris hugged her. "Do you know how much John hurt me during our marriage? I stopped counting a long time ago but we love each other and we know that our marriage is worth it" 

"....I know but.....I don't know...It's too late I think. He's going to marry Carol in a few weeks."

"Oh I bet Jillian will find a way"

"By the way.....why is there so much silence...."

Both locked at each other. 

"Do you think?..."

"I don't know Stevie but let's check"

Marty showed Jill his collection of giant chewing gums, Stevie and Christine were waiting in front of his door.

"Oh my God you have a very big one there...." Jill said.

"Yeah I'm very proud of it" 

"I mean ... I saw a lot of them but that one is definitely the biggest one I ever saw."

Christine and Stevie looked at each other with eyes wide open.

"Just take it in your mouth" Marty said. 

"I can't it's too big Marty" 

"Of course you can it tastes really good believe me"

Christine stood there in shock. "Okay that's enough" She opened the door and saw Jill put a giant chewing gum ball in her mouth. Stevie began to laugh. 

"I'm sorry Chris I and though that you.." She laughed harder. 

"You two thought that we're having sex huh?" 

"Mom my are you always thinking that? This isn't the first time" Marty said.

"Oh because I know your father and I know me Marty"

"And?"

"Yeah uhm....forget it. Stevie and I are leaving in 20 minutes so If you still want to go to that place you two should hurry."

"Oh yeah..okay thanks mom"

30 Minutes later both arrived the place where the accident took place 10 years ago. They had a meeting with the owner of this ground. 

"We'll pick you up at 5 okay?"

"Okay mom see you"

Jill held Marty's hand and both went to the old man who was standing next to a big tree.

"Good afternoon are you Mr. Williams?"

"Yes young Lady, that's me"

"okay Hello I am Jillian and this is Martin. We talked over the phone."

"Yes, nice to meet you ...so...what do you want to know?"

"Uhm it's a bit complicated. An accident should've taken place here 10 years ago. Do you know anything about it?"

"Uh yes there was a young man, around 30 I think. He was pretty drunk and he drove in front of this tree here."

Jill felt a lump in her throat. 

"And uh.....did someone die ..?"

"Oh no...no one died back then" The old man laughed. 

Jill was too stunned to talk.

"Uh....okay...and...did something else happen that night?" Marty asked.

"Yes now that you mentioned it. My foster daughter and my foster son were there for visiting me and my wife but after the accident they were gone"

"I-is....your daughter's name C-Carol?...." Jill asked in shock.

"Yes indeed Carol Ann and Dave" 

"Dave?!..."

"Are you okay young lady? You look so pale suddenly..."

Jill just nodded.

"Eh..thank you so much Mr. Williams but we have to go now."

"Daaaadddyyyyyyy?!!" They heard Carol's voice.

"Goodbye Mr.Williams."

Both ran out of the house and then they saw Carol. 

"We have to hide!" 

"Here!!" Marty pointed to the old garage. 

Carol hugged her father. 

"Daddy how are you?"

"I'm fine thank you how are you?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Say...do you still have that old barn?"

"Yes why? You can't use it it's too dangerous"

"Oh I was just curious. Can I have the keys?"

"Uh sure but what do you want to do there Carol?"

"You know....Dave has a little problem and he wants to put that little problem in there If you know what I mean."

"Trouble?"

"Yes, you can say it that way. A small blonde problem that we need to fix" She grinned. 

"What are you saying?"

"I'm just saying that I don't want anyone between me and Lindsey" 

Jill shook. "M-marty......"

"Everything will be fine Jill..."