Six

I woke up around 5:30; I could see the start of the sunrise peeking out from behind the foreign curtains. Eric's curtains. Fuck. I didn't mean to fall asleep, but I must have drunk more than I thought. I was alone in his bed, where had he gone? I quietly got out of the bed and put my dress back on.

     As I went to open the door I heard his voice, and I couldn't help but overhear; "No. I lost. No. You tell Istin that I will figure something out; I will get him his money," he paused, "Damn it, no. Tell him I'll have his monthly payment; I know the deal, and I've got no problem selling for him until it's paid back." He hung his phone up but talked to himself, "Fuck. Fuck my life," he threw his phone at the wall and ran his fingers through his hair, cringing as his injured one made contact.

     Shit. He's in with Istin, which figures- how else would he have gotten in the game- I just figured he had money. He's selling too, which makes this worse; Istin has his hand in everything from drugs to child trafficking.

     I waited a few minutes after the call before leaving. "You're leaving now?" his morning voice was, somehow, even deeper than his normal voice. I nodded and gathered my purse and shoes; he spoke again, "You can stay 'til the morning, or at least let me take you back to your car," he slid his shoes on.

     "Don't worry about me, babe, I'll be fine," I shrugged my shoulders and put my hand on the door knob.

     "No, let me take you back. It's freezing out and I wouldn't want anything to happen to you," he grabbed the keys to a car, not his bike.

     "Oh, I get it. Okay, listen Eric, I don't do this type-"

     I was cut off, "You don't usually sleep with guys you've just met; I get it, but you look so gorgeous," he put his hands around my waist.

     "Actually, honey, I only sleep with guys I just met; that is not the problem. I don't do the whole stay the night thing, then we're obligated to talk," I gestured between us, "or eat or something, it's awkward and not something I want to do. Honestly, I just wanted to fuck someone, and you were there."

     "Fine, I get that, but at least let me-" I shook my head no, removed his arms from my waist, and left the building.