Four

After a full weekend of drinking way too much and making too many new 'friends,' I was back to work, and on time, though I was extremely tired and probably still slightly hung over.

     I was thankful for the slow day; by noon hardly anyone had come into the clinic, so I decided to go out to get lunch for the office; I gathered everyone's order for the new Indian restaurant nearby.

     Once I had ordered the food, my phone rang; the name on the screen was Dante's. He told me the word on the street was that there was going to be a high stakes poker game on Saturday; he also gave me the location and password.

     As I hung up the phone a huge smile crept across my face, gambling- my favorite pass time. Plus, Of course I was going to be at the game, especially if I want to be able to pay Istin back.

     It took me half an hour to get back to the office with the food, before heading in I stopped to stare at the beautiful bike in the parking lot; I'd love to ride that.

     Inside the office I put lunch in the break room before taking mine to my desk. While I was eating the guy with the hand, Aaron, or maybe Andy, walked out of the back with a finger splint on his right ring finger: he came over to my desk. 'I'd love to ride that too,' I thought to myself.

     He looked at me with a crooked smile and said, "Well, I'm glad I didn't listen to your medical expertise," he laughed, "I actually broke my finger."

     "I warned you," I said handing him the papers he needed to sign; we also planned another visit for his hand.

     After we finished he told me to, next time, try Chinese food, not Indian, because it helps with a hangover. I informed him that I could handle my drinking, but thanks for the advice. His answer took me by surprise, "I've seen how you hold your alcohol, I admire it; there's not many people who can drink as much as you." When I looked up to ask how he knew that, he was gone.