I'm your Hope

When I first saw you, I did not even know your name. I could not distinguish you from the others, but slowly, I learned the sound of your laugh and loud expressions.

I came to realize that we are more alike than I first thought. 

You are middle aged between your friends, in this case that means you have the liberty of hanging out with both age groups, and you prefer the younger ones. So do I.

Your laugh is so thundering, it leaves no space for anyone to disrupt your happiness. You are so much more intense than them all, that I only see you.

Only you.

You have built a house in my heart, on a hill just for you to roam. A grassland where I allow only you to run around and live freely. It is endless. 

A place where I visit at half past midnight. 

I get so excited when the time comes, where I am able to spend time with you and laugh just as boisterous. I sing along, and even dance just so that you might smile. Maybe you'll say, "You're so silly!" Stretching your mouth so wide your eyes practically disappear. "Do it again!"

When it becomes a little later, I remember that school is in the morning, I bid you farewell, and leave the house you built. 

Secretly, I watch you from outside my heart, and you are there. Sleeping.

In a bed that is millions miles away from me. Smiling. I had a good dream too.

--//--