Progolue

"You needed me?" A gray tom asked, pushing his way through the vines over handing the entrance of the leaders den.

The aforementioned leader was laying on her nest, a half eaten magpie at her paws. She was staring at him with clear green eyes, the medicine cat was laying next to her, tail tail twitching.

"What did you dream of at Highstones?"

"I dreamed of cats fighting, so much blood. So many dead cats.." He trembled at the thought of the dream.

"Well?" the medicine cat, Whispersong, said, looking at her sister. "It isn't fair to continue lying to him, you dismissed his last dream when you knew what it meant."

"That was because their was risk of attack, I didn't need him focusing on anything else except his training." Graystar replied, looking at her sharply.

"We can't hide this from him anymore Graystar, it isn't fair to him nor us." Whispersong mewed fiercely.

"What are you talking about?!" Frosttiger growled, getting sick of listening to the two she-cat speak as though he wasn't right there.

Graystar looked at Whispersong, as though asking her something. "Oh no." Whispersong growled, "This is something you need to tell him." She stood to her paws and listened silently as Graystar sighed and turned to the new warrior.

"Come here, Frosttiger there's something you need to know..."