Resill felt a shiver run down his spine for the fourth time that night, but this time it was not due to exhaustion or the chilly night breeze. This time it was because of the miracle standing right in front of him. How this impossible feat was achieved, he did not know but he found himself utterly entranced.

"You found a real Sagittari?" he managed to choke out.

"Yes, through sheer dumb luck," Zyrin snickered. "Resill, this is Salina. Salina, this is my younger brother Resill."

In response, Resill dropped to his knees and bowed his head in reverence. Salina's eyes widened in surprise and hurriedly tried to get him upright but he would not budge until he said his piece.

"For generations our bloodline has been tainted with the blood of your fallen House and we have been waiting for the day of your return in order to restore honor to our name. I, Resill Orion, present before you as the Heir of my House and offer to you my eternal allegiance. Will you accept?"

At his last words, he raised his head to look at Salina with solid determination and complete devotion. Her own face was still frozen in shock while the blush that crept to her cheeks showed her embarrassment. She had never had anyone speak to her as if she was all powerful and it unhinged her.

Zyrin was the first to gain his senses. He patted his brother's shoulder and smiled warmly at him; a gesture that Salina had not expected him capable of. It seemed that the stone faced Commander reserved this side of him to a select few people and even fewer instances.

"There's no need for all that, Res. Stand up," he said softly.

"No!" Resill said firmly. "You know as well as I do that this is the duty of every Orion and more so for the Heir of the House. Please, Lady Sagittari, accept my pledge," he pleaded.

His clenched fists and rigid posture told Salina that this meant much to him and his duty. This young boy that looked nothing like his stoic brother was offering his very being to her. She could not help her features softening and the endearment that grew inside her for the boy that took his duty too seriously. She smiled widely at him as she bent down to his level.

"I cannot accept, Resill," she said softly and almost laughed at the terrified expression on his face. She quickly continued to reassure him. "I cannot accept because at the moment I am not worthy of your allegiance. At the moment I am not yet the venerable Sagittari you picture me to be, but merely a girl from Armen."

She gently grabbed his shoulders and lifted him to his feet. He was a good head taller than her and she was looking up at his face when he was fully upright. He was frowning down at her and that was when she saw his resemblance to Zyrin.

"But this is my duty as the Heir of House Orion, Lady Sagittari," he argued. Salina smiled as she realized persistence apparently ran in their family.

"I would prefer that you ally yourself with me when it is your own decision and not forced on you by obligation. You need to understand that I did not grow up as a Sagittari and that when you swear yourself to me you are not swearing to a Sagittari but to Salina Ironblood," she declared with a regal quality that stunned the Orion brothers.

"Ironblood?" Resill said in confusion.

"That is the name all members take when they are employed in Armen's Brotherhood of Blades," she explained.

"It's just that I have recently heard that name before," he said softly.

Salina suddenly turned alert and the hairs at her nape stood up on end. She knew that her surname was not widely known in Archan and she was filled with dread at the possibilities of him knowing about it. She gripped his shoulders tightly as she spoke through gritted teeth.