Chapter 14

The next day; I was pretty busy writing but I felt frustrated the entire time. It's hard putting your mind and heart on something important when there's something else stopping you. I stopped for a while and went to the cafeteria to get a drink. People started coming back from their vacations and started putting all their things in their rooms. I was walking back to the music room and saw Jimin walking arm and arm with some other woman. He looked me in the eyes and kept walking away. I didn't feel jealous. I felt disappointed and sad. How could he walk arm and arm with another girl if he confessed to me last night? I walked to the music room and locked the door. I sat there and stared at the music sheet. I ripped it apart and started rewriting the entire thing. This one was sadder and I felt like crying while writing it. I finished it not too long after and started writing lyrics to it. It all sounded amazing when put together and I planned on saving that song for the end of the performance. After I got all of those feelings out. I started writing a different song. Far from sad and depressing. I called Jongsuk and he quickly came over. The song we were writing had to do with love. It took us a day and a half to finish it but it came out really good. We called the CEO of the Seoul Arts Center and planned out a date. I sent the information to Mrs. Park. She contacted a few of her colleagues and friends and everyone started buying tickets. Even Jongsuk's parents. Mrs. Park bought tickets for my parents and brother and I just prepared everything for the performance. I got this amazing red dress and Jongsuk's suit was red and white to match with my dress. Days passed by and it was the day of the performance. We got ready and waited for all the seats to fill in. I heard the tickets were sold out but I didn't believe it until I went on stage. I sat on the piano's bench and played my first song which was the one I sang at the winter festival. I didn't bother looking at everyone. The next song was the new song that was far from sad and depressing. That one didn't have lyrics because people don't need to hear me sing all the time. After that song; Jongsuk went on stage and sat next to me. We started playing the song together and this one involved singing. It was a sweet love song and it was one of my favorites. After that song; I got ready to sing that new song I wrote. Inspired by Jimin. I looked at the crowd and made eye contact with him but he was with the woman from last time. I wanted him to hear this. I started playing that song and poured my heart into it. I felt tears in my eyes while I sang this but it didn't take long for it to end. I stood up and walked next to Jongsuk. We bowed and went back stage.

Jongsuk: That last song was really good.

Minah: Thanks.

Jongsuk: Let's get our things and go.

I nodded and grabbed my bag. We walked outside and saw everyone waiting for us.

Mrs.Park: *smiles* You two were amazing. The perfect duo.

CEO: *smiles* I hope you get far in life. It was truly amazing.

Minah: *bows* Thank you.

Mr.Park: *smiles* Minah. The famous Minah everyone's been talking about. Now I understand why you're such a hot topic. Soulful, talented and beautiful. I hope to hear from you more often.

Minah: *smiles* Thank you so much President Park. I'm honored that you came. *bows*

Reporter: Excuse me miss. I'm a reporter from Arirang and I was wondering if you would give me a minute to ask you some questions?

Minah: Sure.

Reporter: What's your name?

Minah: Shin Minah.

Reporter: How long have you been playing the piano and writing music?

Minah: *smiles* I've been playing since I was about 5. I started writing music at 7. I started out with children's music but started writing more mature things as I got older.