War Love

This is originally a one-shot fan fiction. I made it by request.

© C.J. Avila
™ May 2016
All rights reserved.

~

Your mouth is burning from all the insults that came out of it. Tongue stinging with the sharp words it produced.

You didn't fully know how and who started it but you're sure that you won't be the one to end it. Because the first to give in, loses, and either Michael or you wanted to lose.

Maybe that's the reason why the two of you would always end up fighting over something unknown. You would always speak up your mind while he would always counter it, thinking he's right and you're wrong.

He complains. You talk back. It's endless. The insults and complaints, pointless or not, will be thrown at you no matter what.

But you know that he doesn't mean anything he says. After every fight where you would end up on the floor defeated, he would always lower his voice to a whisper and would say that he's sorry. You would apologize as well, holding unto him like a lifeline until the both of you fall asleep.

Then the next day, it will happen again. He would stand up now, towering over you, and you would look at him with dignity he can never take away.

Sharp words. Hurtful insults. Screams. Shouts. Michael's apartment sounds like the mental hospital everyday.

It's unhealthy. You're relationship with Michael is unhealthy. You know it. But it's just the way the two of you work. It's a Bed of Roses type of story. And you accepted that because as long as it's with Michael, you won't care anymore.

You considered breaking up with him but just the thought of losing Michael kills you more than his sharp words can.

He considered it as well. Saying that your stubbornness is driving him insane. That's when you raised the white flag. You told him that he is nothing but a worthless know-it-all who doesn't think before talking and that you've had enough.

But you were hurting and so is Michael. You never cry when you're arguing but when you're fighting about breaking up, you will always lose it and break down.

You were about to walk away, defeated, when he grabs you by the arm ang clung tightly. And apologized and asked you to stay.

It's quite redundant with him. You fight. You talk. You love. Then back to fighting again. But numerous fights will not stop you from loving him. As long as there is love between your guns and around your battlefields, nothing will ever change.

You love him. He loves you. That's all that matters.

~

-LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE-