Chapter 1: The Great Grey Selkie

It was a cloudy September morning as you rode your bike to the local cafe located in the Scottish town. Dressed in a light grey hoodie, white t-shirt, jeans and some converse you peddled into town. You lived at the light house with your mother but she was hardly ever around due to her job and new boyfriend. You missed your dad, but he unfortunately passed away due to a unfortunate illness when you were ten years old. The wind seemed to pick up as soon as you entered the Cafe, ordered some hot chocolate, and sat down and waited for your order. "Did you hear the rumors?" You could hear some of the local older women gossiping not to far from you. "No what is it?" The other lady asked. "There has been selkie sightings by the shore!"You look at them confused wondering if people actually believed in the humans that wore seals skin to become one that were said to live off the Scottish shores. After a good few minutes your order was rang up and you grabbed your cup and sat back down. Listening to their conversation hoping to hear more of this odd sighting, but when you came back the two had left.

You begun peddling back to the lighthouse it having started to rain already and the winds were vicious against your small body. It still felt nice except that the rain and wind that made it cold on your skin that soaked your clothes. "Jeez when did the storms here get this bad?" You mumble getting off your bike, locking it up, and going inside listening to the droplets harshly hitting the windows and the side of the tall building. You sigh going into the bathroom and begun to change your clothes and dry your hair off from the rain droplets that stuck. You decide to sit on the couch and wait out the storm. 

You step outside once the rain has stopped and went to go attend your job as a beach guard to make sure no one swam in the waters due to the high risk of being netted or drowning in the depths since the selkie sighting started up. The wet sand swished and squashed beneath you as you walked closer to the beach. As you approached the beach you noticed a male grey seal trapped in a net not to far from the water. You rush over to the seal who had struggled just enough to make the rope cut it. Its beautiful dark eyes stared at you in a scared way and it begun to struggled once you got close enough to it. "Shh shh it alright..." You pet the seal as you begin to tug of the net around its body, but as soon as its free the seal flees into the ocean not before looking back at you with those gorgeous dark eyes...