6

Pain. That's all she could feel. She was tired, she was weak, but most importantly she was hurt. She was sure her foot was broken if not twisted, her wrist wasn't doing any better and she was bleeding out of her shoulder. Her senses were overwhelmed with pain. She didn't know how long she had been walking but judging by the sun coming up it must of been a couple of hours.

She had no idea where she was or where she was even going but she wanted as much distance away from that mansion, so she followed the road.

The image of Frank was still fresh in her mind, she could still see his blank eyes starring back at her, still hear Percy's cries. She didn't stop moving though not even once. Everything seemed still like time wasn't going on. She was weak.

When it was her first time on the streets she stayed underneath an old bridge. She didn't eat or sleep only worried about her mother.

She looked at that picture everyday in hopes she would find her. Give her hope, tell her everything was gonna be alright and give her a big hug. But that didn't happen. She was alone.

Like how she was right now, alone.

But now she knows the truth nobody cares about Selina Kyle.

The thought of giving up crossed her mind until she saw a faint light on a sign, blinking rapidly she tried to focus on the words. Gas stop. Finally a place to rest.

The station was completely empty and looked old. Obviously nobody has been around for a while which made it the perfect stop. Selina limped over to a nearby dumpster and slid down beside it, leaning all her weight onto it. She needed a plan a real plan. She had no idea where she was going, hell she wasn't sure she was heading in the right direction.

"Now tell me something, would anyone even miss you if one day you were just... gone."

"I don't know what you want with master Bruce but I'm certain that his life's gonna be a damn sight better without you in it."

"You're just a piece of gutter trash."

Blinking fast she gently shook her head. She shouldn't be thinking like that. Get it together Selina. She needed to get back to Gotham, the question was how. After lying there for a long while, a loud engine startled her. Peering her head to the side she saw a dark truck pull up in front of the gas containers. She was about to call for help but stopped herself when she saw who stepped out. The two goons stepped out of the vehicle. Each looking extremely annoyed. "Stay there and watch the truck. Or will that be to difficult." Said one of the twins as he slammed the door shut. The other twin scoffed and leaned against the side. 

"Don't get so mad."

"You had one job, find the girl. And yet you managed to screw that up and now the master's dead."

"Jerry come on," He groaned and clutched onto his ribs. "She fell on top of me, almost broke my ribs. And his death ain't on me." Jerry glared at him before turning back to the containers. Selina watched as he picked up one of them and angrily tossed it to the side. "This is your fault Jack. Now we have to work for his nutcase of a son."

"Did u see the look in his eyes... when he told us to find the girl. Creepy son of a bitch i'm telling you, never liked that guy."

"Its the only job we're good at and has good pay, unless you wanna go back to the farm." Throwing away another container Jerry let out a frustrated sigh. "Would you mind helping me out here Jack."

"Its not like were desperate for gas, Gotham's a few miles away we'll get there before it gets dark stop being dramatic. Besides my ribs."

"I don't give a damn about your ribs so help me out."

Grunting, Jack pushed himself off the truck and limped his way towards his brother. "I'll check inside then." Shoving passed him he entered the small building.

Selina was not surprised to find out psycho Percy was out to get her, and in her condition he might succeed. She wouldn't be able to handle another one on one session with him again, so she definitely had to avoid those two goons. When she looked back at them they were both arguing inside the building. She was alone again, but with the truck. The idea of driving it back to Gotham popped into her head but she immediately shoved that idea out the window. Driving in her condition was a bad idea, she could barely see straight and the roads were icy, one car crash and she would be a goner.

Holding her shoulder, she forced herself off the dumpster and crouched painfully beside it. Not so stealthily she crept towards the truck. The back of the truck had a blue covering over it, pushing it back she only saw what looked like junk to her but there was a small space that she could squeeze into. Maybe she could get a free ride into Gotham without them knowing. Looking over her shoulder she saw them coming back, without wasting any time she slipped into the small space and covered herself with the blue covering, she didn't dare move.

She heard the footsteps approach closer to thr truck and stiffened. "Lets just go. Gothams a couple of miles further, we'll find some gas there." She heard one of them say. The other mumbled an agreement and both doors slammed shut. She breathed out a sigh of relief when she felt the truck begin to move.