Chapter 3: I'll Be There For You

Luke's P.O.V

       I swear if that Troy dude hurt Abby he will never see the light of day again. "What's wrong?" I say in a panicked voice. I'm awake. "N-nothing can you come over?" She asks in a small, sad voice. The second she finishes I say,"Yes I'm on my way." I hang up, get dressed and rush to my car.

***

      I practically run up to her door and pound on it. If she doesn't open it right now I'm kicking it open. She opens it. I take a moment and take in her appearence. Mascara is ran down her cheeks. Her lip is busted, cheek bruised. Her shirts ripped and her eyes are bloodshot from crying. "Sorry I didn't know who else to call I know it's late I -" I cut her off by rushing past her inside her house. "Where is he?!" I shout.

         I am so angry he hit her I know it. God did he? No he couldn't have. "Luke it's not what you think. Troy didn't do anything. I-it was my dad." She stutters. Oh god. This has happened before. Her dad comes home from the pub and gets angry and can't keep his hands to himself. When we were younger Abby told me he was mean and he made her do 'stuff ', but she was always too embarrassed to tell me. When I got older and I thought about it I finally understood what she meant. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Did he touch you?" I ask her frantically pacing. Her face falls as she looks down at the ground. I swear I'm going to beat him with a golf club and pull out his teeth one by one with a pair of plyers. "Did he?" I question her again almost.certain of the answer. "N-not really." She says a tear falling down her cheek. " What did he do?" I ask slowly walking toward her. I wrap my arms around hear and she begins to sob into my chest.

       "H-he tried to r-rape me but I fought him and he hit me." As soon as the words fall out of her pretty pink lips I feel like I'm gonna barf. How dare that man try to put his hands on my Abby! His own daughter. I'm furious. "Where is he?" I ask angrily but soft. "I don't  know he left, I'm afraid for when he comes back Luke." She says into my chest. Ever since her mum died her dad's life went sort of downhill, but he's always been a jerk. "Come stay at my place. I know my parents won't mind they love you. That'll give you some room to breathe and feel safe." I tell her. "Are you sure? I don't wanna intrude. I'm sure I can stay at my friend Emily's or Hannah's." She says. I need to know she's safe. She has to come stay with me. These are the times I wish I had my own place. But since I'm going off to college in a few months it would be almost pointless to get my own appartment right now.

        "No I insist. I need to know you're okay and I can't do that if you're somewhere else." I say wishing I didn't sound so desperate. She nods in defeat and goes upstairs to pack some clothes and necessities.

****

        We pull into the driveway of my house and I turn the car off. I feel, so bad for Abby. Her own dad trying to put his hands on her, hitting her. Something needs to be done about this, but not now. Abby has been through too much tonight. I look over at her on the passenger side and she's asleep. I decide not to wake her and go around to her side of the car and carry her inside bridal style, holding her bag over my shoulder. I unlock the front door and quickly go inside. I close and lock the door behind me and speed walk to my room.

       Once in my room I shut the door behind me and lock it. I lay Abby down on the bed and set her bag on my dresser. I pull my comforter over her slim unconscious body then go into the bathroom. I make one last glance at Abby to make sure she's asleep then shut the door to the bathroom. I turn on the faucet and put cold water over my face. I put my hands on either side of the sink and stare at myself in the mirror. What just happened? Abby's dad hurt her. Troy is.. Where was he when this happened? Abby is in my bed. Shut up Luke. You can't love her she's your best friend. If you love her you'll lose her. I wipe a towel over my face then go back into my bedroom to a still sleeping Abby. I quickly change into some grey sweats and a white T-shirt, my eyes on Abby's body making sure she doesn't wake up while I'm changing. I grab a blanket from my wardrobe and go in the livingroom and lay down on the couch. Abby has to tell me the whole story in the morning and I'm sure she knows it.

(So here's chapter 3! I hope you like it!  I don't know when I'm updating again, hopefully tomorrow after school please vote. Thanks for reading. Xx)