Chapter Five

Della's P.O.V

The sound of a phone buzzing on the table was what lifted my head from Katie's shoulder. I looked at my surroundings and was confused at where I was for a moment, but the brilliant memories of last night flooded back into my mind.

I smiled for a while, just thinking at how fun last night was with my new friends, but I was soon knocked out of thoughts when I heard a phone buzzing again.

I sat at the edge of the sofa and looked around at the five phones that were on the table to see which one was ringing, and to my surprise, it was mine. I raised my eyebrows, thinking at who it could be. I thought about my dad for a moment, but I told him that I was staying with a friend. Unless he didn't listen to me, some things never change.

I picked my phone up and walked over to the kitchen area with my back turned from the other girls, unlocked my phone and went onto recent calls. But strangely, it was Leondre.

I wasn't expecting to hear from Leo unless I called him, which I did plan on doing. My finger hovered over the call button, my mind coming up with different theories as to why he wanted to call me. Maybe he wanted to shout at me, maybe he didn't plan on calling me and it was just an accident, maybe he wanted to apologise- no. I haven't known Leo for long but I've known him long enough to know that he doesn't apologise.

I shook those thoughts off and pressed call. Holding my phone up to my ear, I waited for him to call me. And after three rings, he picked up.

"Hello?" He questioned, his voice a little deeper than normal. It probably wasn't long since he woke up.

"Um, hi, you tried calling me," I said casually, even though I was nervous for what his response was going to be.

"Yeah, I was just wondering if you're still coming for dinner at my house tonight?"

Wow, I wasn't expecting that response.

"Oh, um," I hesitated for a moment, not sure what to say. He doesn't sound angry or anything so maybe I should just act as if nothing happened.

"Yeah, if you'll still have me?" I replied back.

"Of course, we'd love to have you," he told me.

"Great, be there by six o'clock?"

"Sounds like a plan, see you tonight."

"Yeah, bye Leo," I said as I hung up the phone.

I guess he's acting as if nothing happened, so maybe I should too. But I do feel partially guilty about what happened, because he wouldn't have got mad if I wasn't so persistent in knowing what happened between Zoe and Leo.

"By Leo, you mean Leondre, right?" I heard a voice from behind me. I turned around and saw Leah looking at me, anger most evident on her face. I sighed and nodded, knowing that I couldn't make up an excuse for this.

"Della, we told you that you shouldn't talk to him, he's not a good guy, he's dangerous," she explained. Dangerous? What do she mean?

I watched as Leah walked over to the fridge, probably to find something to eat. I know that she knew about what happen between Zoe and Leo, how could she not? Her and Zoe are practically inseparable. Would she be more likely to tell me what happened? I know that Zoe doesn't want to talk about it, and I don't even want to attempt to ask Leondre again, so is it worth a shot with Leah?

"Leah," I said quietly, careful not to wake the others up. She grabbed some bacon and cheese out of the fridge and turned around, nodding at me. Thank God, the anger has certainly left her face.

I took a deep breath, not really ready for an answer. "What happened between Leo and Zoe?" I was a little shocked that I actually said that. I know that I want to know what happened, but I didn't think I would say it because it seemed to be a touchy subject. But this might be my only chance of finding out.

"Urgh," Leah hesitated, "well, it's just that- I um," her voice was shaking slightly.

"No, I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked, you don't have to tell me," I told her. She seemed really uncomfortable, like it affected her as well. This makes me more curious, but I can't make her tell me now.

"No, it's okay, you deserve to know," she told me. Well that was easy. "Just, don't tell Zoe that I told you, and never, ever bring the subject up, okay?" she asked me, even though it was more like a demand.

I nodded, "yeah, yeah okay."

She sighed and thought for a moment. "Look, I don't know how to put this lightly, so I'm just going to say it. Leo was- urm," she stopped for a moment, unsure on what to say.

"It's okay, take as long as-"

"Leo was inappropriate with Zoe. There, I said it," She breathe, like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

Okay, that was not what I was expecting. To be honest, I don't know what I was expecting; but it wasn't that. Leo- being inappropriate- that is not Leo. But come to think about it, how do I know that it isn't who he is? I've known him for all of a week, only hung out with him for a total of three or four times, and the most I really know about him is that he loves to skateboard, he has a brother and sister, his parents are divorced, he hates school, and he hates Zoe the most. If I really think about it, that's nothing at all.

"Leo, being inappropriate?" I questioned to Leah, just to make sure I heard properly. She nodded. I took a dep breath, trying not to worry myself. I walked over to the table, Leah following me, and sat down.

"But I can't imagine him being like that," I told her. In all honesty, I really can't, he's just been so nice, I don't see why he would do that.

"Don't worry, I couldn't either. We were such good friends, we weren't as close as him and Zoe, but we were still great friends, and then I heard this. I didn't know what to believe, I started ignoring both of them for a while because I didn't know who was telling the truth, but then I realised something."

"What?"

"Why would anyone lie about something like this?"

That's a very good point.

If Zoe and Leo were such good friends, then why would she lie about something like that? About someone she cares so much about?

----------------------

i hope you guys like this chapter :))

also idk if you saw but i said i was gonna update this book every sunday so i hope thats alright for you guys

btw you can follow me on both my insta's (ifb basically all fan accounts)  :dopaminehannah and :textposts.irwin

:))