Chapter 1 - First Day -

((A/N: Okay before I start, this first chapter is really long. The first "day" of the game has a lot of stuff to do, and I did shorten it at points to make it shorter, but it's still really long. I'm hoping this will be the only chapter this long... *its basically a filler, kind of... But it's important*))

The gentle sea breeze swayed through the young brunette's hair as she stared at the approaching land known as "Almia."

'...I wonder... How long it will take me before I'm truly needed for whatever region needs me...' The thought roamed her mind as she stood up straighter. The boat docked on the land and she got off, heading for the place she had been given directions to.

---

"Capture ON!"

Her voice echoed through the small building as she pressed a button on her styler and a capture disk flew out of it as an antenna popped up on the styler. The capture disk began to circle around the Pokémon in front of her, a Pikachu, as she began to swing her arm around in a circle. The disk mimicked her movement until she heard the "OK" sound come from the styler, signaling that she was good to finish the capture. She swung her arm to the right, finishing the capture. Once she did, the capture disk returned to her styler.

"Heh heh heh..." She heard a soft laugh come from the man in front of her, who was standing in the dark. The Pikachu ran over to him as he walked over to her, "That was pretty impressive..."

"Uh... Thank you...?" She replied, raising an eyebrow.

"My name is Kaplan. You've now been accepted and are a member of our secret army known as 'Team School'. As proof of your membership-"

"I think that's quite enough, Mr. Kaplan," A female voice interrupted Kaplan as the lights turned on. The young brunette turned around as a young woman with dark brown hair, a green sleeveless shirt, a white skirt, and green heels walked towards the pair. She placed her hands on her hips and frowned. "It would be appreciated if you did not tease my new student."

The man, known as Mr. Kaplan, most likely one of the teachers, laughed at the woman's comment.

"Haha, okay, I'm sorry. The timing was just too perfect not to say it..." He cleared his throat and gave the new student a friendly smile, "What I meant to say was congratulations! You've passed out school's entrance exam with flying colors! That was truly an amazing performance. It's like you weren't even nervous!"

"I used to be a trainer," The student replied, "I competed in different competitions in front of large audiences, so this was a lot easier."

"Ah, I see!"

The woman turned to face her new student with a large smile.

"Congratulations," She said, "You're now officially one of my students, and a student at the Ranger School! I'm Ms. April. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice too meet you too, Ms. April," The student replied, "I'm Alice."

"Well, Alice, let's head out. Your classmates are waiting for us."

"Okay."

As the two were walking out the door, they could hear Mr. Kaplan shout "Enjoy your school life!"

The young brunette chuckled to herself as she and Ms. April walked into the school building, the bell making a loud chime.

"Do you mind waiting outside while I get my class settle down?" Ms. April asked as they reached her classroom door.

"Sure. Just let me know when to come in," Alice replied.

"Of course."

Ms. April walked into her classroom with a smile on her face, "Good morning everyone!"