chapter 34

So it turns out i did manage to write one more chapter before the new year (here)

Yey me!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna wish everybody a happy and glorious new year full of health love and luck!!!!!!! That's they key to real happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO MY LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Edited by prologue 92

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 34

The next few weeks passed in a peaceful routine. They woke up, went to work together, they shared lunch and after work they went home. Some days it was Maya's home and some Nicolas's. Nicolas had suggested that they move in together but Maya still felt that it was too soon. She still felt insecure and that made Nicolas furious with her ex-boyfriend. At night, they sat hugging each other in the couch watching a movie together, or they discussed about their day and their lives before they had met. Someone might have thought that their life was boring but they loved it. It helped them bond even more with each other. Nicolas constantly had his hand on Maya's belly. He had hopes of feeling his little fairy's first kick. She made fun of him because it was too soon to hear the baby kicking. Yet, he always replied the same way about his hopes making her laugh.

When the day of their second appointment with the obgyn came, they were both eager to finally hear their baby's heart. The reason they ended up going one hour earlier to their scheduled appointment. When the receptionist saw them she smiled knowingly.

“You are going to hear the baby today?”

“Yes” Nicolas said sheepishly. “We are a little bit early aren't we?”

“Yes you are. But don't worry, you are lucky. There was a cancellation in our schedule so the doctor can see you now.”

They practically ran to his office. The doctor greeted them.

"How are you feeling, Maya?"

"I am good, doctor."

He left the room so that she would get undressed. A few minutes later, she was ready on the special chair, with Nicholas holding her hand tightly. The doctor came in, and started ultrasound. A couple of seconds later, they heard a weird sound, it was very quick thump-ing sound. Nicolas didn’t know what it was and looked expectantly at the doctor for some explanation, because Maya was already squeezing the life of his hand.

“Do you hear that?” the doctor asked them.

“Yes!” they both said.

“That is the heartbeat of your baby. It is a very strong heartbeat. Congratulations!”

Nicholas squeezed Maya's hand back but did not look at her. Both their eyes were glued to the screen in front of them, where a little bean appeared.

“And, this little bean you see on the monitor is your baby.” Still they did not say anything. They kept looking at the monitor. The doctor laughed and commented on their reaction.

“Well I am glad some things stay the same. You have the exact same reaction you had when you first saw your previous baby, I am just glad you have someone to share the moment with. And from what I see he is worse than you” he laughed again.