chapter Two

My dad was thankfully very welcoming, and understanding as to why my mother made me walk all the way to his house.

I was so tired however that I didn't have much time to speak with him. He showed me to my new room, And I dropped my stuff on the floor and crashed.

The next day, I woke up to the blare of my phone alarm. I groaned, turned over, and shut the sound off.

I sat up and stretched my back. I found that I was pretty sore from walking all that way last night.

My first task was to get a shower. I searched the upstairs hallway until I found the bathroom, and I closed and locked the door. I stripped out of my still wet clothes and got the water running. I turned on the water to steaming hot, just the way I liked it.

I made fast work of my ratty hair and dirt-encrusted skin; I didn't have much time. When I was done in the shower, I felt clean and fresh once again.

I then returned to my room to choose some clothes, which turned out to be a black tee shirt, dark blue jeans, a dark blue zipper hoodie and black, old, beat-up converse.

A smell of pancakes and bacon slipped across my nose, and I smiled.

I grabbed my schoolbag with all that I needed in it, and pranced downstairs. On the kitchen table, two places were set. My dad was making a huge mess in the kitchen.

I laughed. "you've got yourself a class-A mess there, dad."

He laughed back at me. "What's a good breakfast without a bad mess?"

When breakfast was ready, I ate quickly. I then hurried back upstairs, brushed my teeth, and ran back down to find my dad waiting at the door.

He smiled. "I'll give you a ride."

"Thanks dad," I said, returning his smile.

We got into his ford Prius, and took off towards the school that I had never been to before.

When we arrived at the school, lots of people were already there. I got out of the car, said goodbye to Dad, and started towards the front door.

I heard a large car sound coming from behind me, so I turned around, curiously.

A Silver, obviously very modern car was turning up. It parked very dangerously, and out jumped four people.

One was a boy. He was pale, lanky, and he had short, buzzcutted brown hair. The other boy was very tan, and much more build than the other guy. Then there was a girl. She was very pretty; she had long, curly blonde hair and ivory skin. Then there was Isaac.

They all walked right past me. The three I didn't know looked at me curiously; they had never seen me before. Isaac saw me, waved, smiled, and carried on.