Chapter 4: Tragedy Strikes Pt. 2

I hear Ava take a deep breath over the phone.

"Newt is in the hospital."

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

Thomas

"What? What do you mean he's in the hospital? What happened?" I asked, slipping my jacket on. "He was in some kind of car accident. I'm not sure what happened, but that's what the doctor told me," Ava explained.

"Okay, I'm heading there now, thank you, Ava. Bye." I replied, hanging up the phone. I grab Minho and we head to the Hospital.

****

"Hi, um, We're looking for Newt Isaac?" I asked the lady at the front desk. "Newt Isaac... Oh, he's in Room #250." The lady replied. "Thank you. C'mon, Minho." I say and we walked to Newt's room.

I walked in, seeing Newt connected to some machines.. It was horrific to see. I felt tears brimming in my eyes just from looking at it.

"It'll be okay, Thomas. Don't worry.." Minho rubbed my back.

I slightly smiled at his gesture but it didn't make me feel better. Then, silence fell over the room. Only the constant beeping of the machines stopped it from being too quiet.

"Thomas, maybe we should go. Newt needs to rest." Minho said. I nodded and walked out the door.

****

I laid in my bed, even though it was only 9:45 PM. Tears stained my face from crying so much and all I wanted to do right now was be alone. Eventually, Minho came into my room and sat on my bed.

"You okay, Thomas?" Minho asked. That's one of the most stupidest questions he's ever asked. "No Minho, I'm not okay. Why does this always happen to me? It seems like, every time I get close with someone, something happens to them.. Or us and I'm the only one that suffers." I said, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Minho sat there, completely silent, as if he was waiting for me to continue. But after a bit, he finally spoke. "I can't say that I know how you feel, Thomas.. But, Trust me, things will get better." Minho replies. I sigh and pull the sheets over my head.

"You know, you should get some rest. It's been a long day for you." Minho says and he walks out. Once he left, I pulled the sheets down from my head and stared at the ceiling. As hot tears ran down my face, I fell asleep.