Chapter 1: The Line is Drawn

[E D I T E D]

Alrighty then! Hello, if you have read the start of my other story, you should know that I'm a pretty decent writer. I just had this idea and I knew I had to start this story. I hope u like it! Enjoy ~

Also, there will be future lemons. You have been warned.

×××

I sat up with my back at straight against the wooden chair I was sitting on. My hands were folded neatly on my lap, and my hair was elegantly done up in a bun. I was wearing a pretty simple blue dress with pearls at the hem. My father was directly across from me, going on about something. On the outside, my face was interested, but on the inside, I was bored as hell.

"Blah blah blablah, Lucy, bla, prince marriage, yadda, understand?"

"Huh?"

He looked at me, annoyance clearly on his face.

"Did you hear anything I said to you in the past hour? Lucy! This is important!"

I looked at him apologetically and he sighed. "Lucy, if you don't chose a prince, I'm going to chose, and you're not going to like that."

Horrified, I shook my head at his preposterous suggestion, "Yes, father, I understand."

"Good, now go into the throne room and wait for the princes to arrive."

I stood up and backed out of the room and curtsied when I got to the door. As soon as I was out of eyesight, I turned around and walked normally to the kitchen to get a quick breakfast.

I waltzed into the kitchen and leaned on the traditional wooden counter top. Our chef, Yukino, looked up from cooking something (that smelled delicious, may I add) and smiled at me warmly.

"What would you like to eat for breakfast today, princess?"

"Surprise me," I grinned cheekily. She snorted and turned around and got to work. I smiled softly, glad to have this kind of relationship with the staff at the castle.

~In the throne room~

I sat in my cushioned chair with father on the left side of me. To the right side of him, the queens chair, was empty. My mother had passed away a while ago, but I knew she wouldn't agree with my fathers way of doing things. Since she left, he has been uncaring and all he wants is an expansion of the kingdom.

Suddenly a horn went off and the announcement for a prince sounded. "Make way for his royal highness, Sting Eucliffe!"

A blonde haired man smoothly walked into the room with extravagant clothes and piercing blue eyes. I immediately made my answer, as I knew his kind.

He walked directly up to me and kneeled at my feet, a smirk playing at his lips.

"My, I have never seen a princess as beautiful as you," he said, taking my hand, " but I do believe this is love at first sight." He kissed it, leaving a slimy residue that made me cringe.