Her Enemy. // Part 3 \\ "From Time"

Part 3

(I'm giving Dominic a Point Of View in this one)

I came home to see my mom sitting in the living room on the couch. "Where have you been?" "My friend's party." I mumbled standing in the doorway looking at her shadow. "A party huh? You had me and you brother worried sick!" she yelled switching on the lamp. I'm not the type to fuss with my mom, that's only on TV or something. "I'm sorry mom. I got caught up with-" "With what? Kai, Please do not tell me your sleeping around with different guys?" I sighed. "Mom I'm not a hoe." I said. I may be a sideline & it may make me look like I have no self respect but I do. Some sidelines don't have to be hoes, That's exactly what people get mixed up.

"I'm sorry honey, Please don't scare me like that again or stay out late at night, get drunk, high, anything bad. I trust you and I love you. Now get some sleep, I've been to worried about you I stayed up til 1." She said walking up the stairs. "Besides mom, I thought you were going with you boyfriend for the weekend.." I said walking up the stairs behind her. "Nah, He had to do something for his job." "Oh well goodnight." Once I got ready for bed I turned on my phone to see a bunch of missed calls from August & my mom. I checked them and finally went to sleep.

--Next Day--

I woke up with a smile on my face. Today was the day Langston is going to take me somewhere! I had gotten enough sleep and everything, So of course today would would a very good day. I hopped up and opened my room door. I smelled cooking and ran downstairs to see August sitting at the table eating. "Hey Kai, Mom left today her boyfriend was done... So I guess we have the house to ourself's." He said. "Okay, She cooked this right?" I asked. "Yeah" "Hallelujah cause your can't cook for anything." I said relieved. "Shutup." He said. I ate & everything then ran back upstairs to get ready when I heard my phone ring. I got it and had 2 messages from Langston and Dominic. Langston's message was; "Morning beauty, Ready for today?" I replied; "Of course beast😉"

After I sent it I laughed and then checked Dominic's message; "I know you made me mad last night, But I'm sorry😒, I didn't know I hurt you that badly😔. Let me make it up to you?😘" Me in being shock, I didn't what to say. I'd thought he'd be mad, But he was being nice. I replied nicely since I was happier with him like this. "I forgive you munchkin😙 but not today...💋" I replied. Then I got a message from Langston. "Okay I'll pick you up at 12." "KK Sweetiepie🍭" I said. Then Dominic text back "Why?😣 I miss you💔" "B/c I'm going out with the girls" I lied. I ran to my bathroom and took a quick shower. I got out and put did my daily routine. Then I put on my high waisted pants, My red crop top that said "Baddie" in gold & cursive, Then my custom made spiked converse my mommy got me.

I sat down on and looked at myself in the vanity. I pulled my hair back and looked again. "Hell no, My forehead is already big." I said letting it down. But then I grabbed my hair donut and put it on the side. "Hey that doesn't look bad since I have my part." I did my hair and everything then grabbed my phone. Dominic had replied 40 minutes ago. "Okay, later tonight or tomorrow then." I replied "Okay, And I'm sorry too babycakes😘" I replied. I decided to play music until Langston arrived here; From Time by Drake.

"I needed to hear that shit, I hate when you're submissive

Passive aggressive when we're texting, I feel the distance

I look around the peers that surround me, these niggas tripping

I like when money makes a difference but don't make you different

Started realizing a couple places I can take it

I want to get back to when I was that kid in the basement