Chapter 4

One days...one days until I lose Jack.
One days until I lose the one that makes me happy.
One days until I lose the only light I have.
One days until I lose my 'best friend'.
One days until I have to take the life of a innocent child.

'I'm sorry, I never meant to do this, I'm sorry I hurt you. Why does this have to be my punishment. Not even I deserve this.'

"(Y/n)."

"(Y/n)."

"(Y/n)!"

I was snapped out of my self misery by the sound of Jack's voice and the tugging of my shirt.

I squat down to see Jack looking worried. I tried to smile for him, but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

"You've been looking so sad lately, and I noticed that the whole time you've been here, you haven't eaten anything." He puffed out his chest. "So I'm going to make you a sandwich, come on."

He started to pull me out the door and down the stairs.

Yeah, his parents are out for the day and trusted him enough to be here by himself...A seven year old...

We got to the bottom of the stairs and walked to the kitchen.

He told me to sit, which I did, and I waited for him to get done with the sandwich.

I could feel an empty void in my heart grow bigger, but why. Never have I ever grown so attached to kid before. Jack could have been the one...if only I had more time...I'm going to miss him...

I was knocked out of my thoughts by a messy looking sandwich being placed on the table in front of me, I couldn't tell what kind it was though.

I picked it up, some of the ketchup fell out of the bottom and onto the napkin below. I felt my stomach turn at the sight, but took a bite out of the sandwich anyways.

It took all my self control to not gag.

I swallowed and placed the sandwich down.

"What's wrong, don't you like it?"

I looked at him for a few seconds before pulling Him into a hug. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Jack..."

"What, why are you sorry?"

"Jack listen, don't come looking for me tomorrow..." I choked back a sob as tears started to blur my vision. "You wouldn't like what you'd see."

"But, you can't leave me! What do you mean-"

He couldn't finish because the door unlocking interrupted him.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I silently fled up the stairs to Jacks room.
As Jack was down stairs with his family, I let my tears flow freely. I couldn't let Jack see me like this, not his last memory's. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil. Sitting down on the floor, I began to write.

Once I were done, I pulled up a piece of the floor board and placed the letter in the hole. As I began to replace the board, but the door opened and Jack walked in.

I quickly stood up and blocked his view so he wouldn't see the hole. I used my foot to kick it back into place.

"What were you talking about (Y/n)? It doesn't matter what happens, you will be my best friend forever."

I smiled sadly as I let out a forced laugh. If only he knew what he was talking about. "H-hey Jack, I think it's time for bed, how about I sing you a song, how does that sound?"

He quickly nodded before running and jumped onto the bed. I walked over to him and sat beside him, he crawled into my lap before curling up.

I let out a shaky breath before beginning.

"There is a house built out of stone
Wooden floors, walls and window sills
Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust
This is a place where I don't feel alone
This is a place where I feel at home.

And I built a home
for you
for me

Until it disappeared
from me
from you

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust........

Out in the garden where we planted the seeds
There is a tree as old as me
Branches were sewn by the color of green
Ground had arose and passed its knees

By the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top
I climbed the tree to see the world
When the gusts came around to blow me down
Held on as tightly as you held on me

And I built a home
for you
for me

Until it disappeared
from me
from you

And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust........"

Silent tears rolled down my cheeks as I finished, a few fell into his hair.
I gently pulled him off before placing him under the covers.

I was about to leave, but the hand on my shirt stopped me. I looked back to see Jack sleepily looking up at me. "Can...can you stay with me tonight?"

He yawned.

I let out a shaky sigh before crawling in beside him, he latched onto my side.

'Out of all the children in the world, why is it Jack who has to pay for my mistakes. Why did Jack have to move into this house?
Why are you so unfair to me...

...Sister...'

______________________________

End of chapter 4