Chapter 5

Three months had passed since we had been here.  We had no bad things happen at all, which made me ecstatic. Jamie was at this point very good at killing demons, almost as good as me. He confided that when he kills demons he feels more at peace. That he's avenging our family, and saving other people from going through the same thing. Demon killing has become his favorite past time and he goes out on every single demon hunt. Brett was pretty impressed with him, and has taken him under his wing.

Carter goes missing every single night now. I haven't dared follow him after what I saw last time. I tried multiple times to get him out to join us demon hunting, but he refused every single time. Our relationship was still very innocent. We've done nothing besides light touching and kissing. He often pressed me for more but there was just something off about it.

I had a couple more of my odd dreams in the past few months. I recalled the first one that I had two months ago very clearly.

I kneeled before my lord. He had summoned me to have an urgent discussion with him about my husband.

"Rise, my child." He spoke loudly.

I did as he said and bowed my head respectfully. "What can I help you with m'lord?"

"I sense your husband is straying from our way of life. His hatred of my creation seems to be growing more and more. I fear he may do something terrible if we don't do something."

"I know, I see it too. He thinks that we should rule over them because they are weaker than us."

He rubbed his long silver beard thoughtfully. "I was worried this might happen. You need to convince him to not stray from the light. If he does... You know what I will have to do."

I sighed. I had been afraid of this for a long time now, and it seemed my worst fears were coming true. "I will try."

"Good. Now tell me how you are doing, it seems like you've been glowing lately." His gaze fell to my stomach which was growing larger as time went by.

I tried to not let his gaze unnerve me as I responded. "I have been alright my lord. Thank you for inquiring." I feared he would say something about my protruding stomach but to my relief he didn't.

"You are dismissed for now. Keep an eye on him."

I quickly left the room, afraid what the future would hold.

Just two weeks after that dream, I had another. This one was quite horrific and still haunted me to today. I could emotionally feel the way I felt in the dream, and it hurt.

I sprinted through the hallway, running into our bedroom. Tears blurred my vision as I threw myself onto my love's lap. Sobs wracked my body as I completely broke down in his arms.

"What's wrong my love?" He asked with obvious worry and concern in his voice.

"H-He terminated it. Just like that, without any remorse." I managed to get out between sobs.

"What... You mean?" He trailed. He looked down at my stomach, which was flat once again.

Tears brimmed in his eyes as he wrapped his arms around me. His warm embrace enveloped me like a cocoon and made me feel safer. "He will pay for this." He spat angrily.