Chapter 17

I slowly began to come to. Curling into a ball as my stomach churned angrily. I felt the chains around my wrists scrape against the hard floor. I quickly sat up and emptied the contents of my stomach onto the ground beside me. I groaned as my stomach continued to flip. I puked even more on the cold stone ground, wiping my mouth clean. What a way to wake up.

I scooted to the far corner of the room and hugged my knees to my chest. The shackles uncomfortably dug into my wrists. I glanced around the dimly lit cell I was in. It was roughly the size of a normal bedroom. Except there was no bed in here. Nothing but the slightly damp rocky floor, and a drain in the middle of the room.There was only one brazier in here, casting an eerie glow in the room. Making it look like the walls were leaping every time the brazier flickered.

My shackles were secured to the back wall. They were only long enough for me to go halfway to the wooden door. They were rubbing against my wrists roughly, I could feel the skin starting to chafe beneath. I wracked my brain, trying to remember the fuzzy details of what brought me here. I remembered... A theme park. A bunch of mirrors showing my reflection as I ran. A hooded figure holding a knife to my throat.

Reflexively I brought a hand up to my throat, feeling the sting as I touched the cut. Noticing that it was bandaged up, I winced and pulled my hand away. Lucifer. Where was he? I'm alone in this cell, with no idea how he was doing. I wish I knew how long I'd been out, but there was no way to tell. I looked down at my hand and saw that it was bandaged. Why would Az'Gorath bandage me up? It didn't make much sense to me.

I had no doubts that Az'Gorath planned to have me killed. Why then go through the trouble of helping me? I sighed deeply, my body was exhausted. All I wanted was to sleep for a good week or so. The room was starting to stink now, all I could smell was the vomit on the floor which made me queasy all over again.

I doubled over and vomited yet again. The taste was foul in my mouth and I couldn't stand it. I guessed that my stomach was queasy from the foot I took to my head. I could tell it definitely did a bit of damage as my head ached to high hell. I heard bare feet walking on the stone outside my cell door. There was the sound of a key turning and the door creaked open loudly. I refused to lift my head and I stared down at the ground.

The bottom of a robe entered my vision and stopped in front of me. "It reeks in here. Is this your way of decorating your cell?" Az'Gorath asked me.

"Just the thought of you coming to see me made me sick. Pretty pathetic if you ask me." I mumbled, raising my eyes to look at him. His glowing eyes peered down at me, the only thing visible underneath his hood.

"Well on that note I think it's time for your cell to be cleaned." Az'Gorath said, I could hear the grin in his voice. He snapped his fingers and two demons sauntered into the room.

One of the demons was holding a hose, which he turned on and began to spray down the inside of the room. Washing away all the vomit, I watched it swirl down the drain. The other demon walked over to me, wrapping its claws around my neck. It easily lifted me off the ground as I struggled against its grip. It used another claw to tear at my clothes, ripping them from my body.

The demon put me down roughly on my feet. I stood there feeling exposed as I used my hands to cover myself. "What are you doing?" I snapped angrily.

Suddenly the hose was turned on me. I screeched as the piercing cold water slapped against my skin. It was horrifyingly cold and stung considerably. I could hear Az'Gorath chuckling as he watched me being hosed down. Sick bastard. After what felt like forever the hose was finally turned off. I stood there shivering as goosebumps ran up and down my skin. I was so very cold. It felt like I was in a freezer.