Chapter 4: The Clock

All five kids stared wide-eyed at the three teens standing in front of them. Albus and James looked at eachother, silently communicating to one another. After a period of uncomfortable silence, Rose was the first to speak "Erm, sorry, do you know where we can find professor McGonagall?" The other four kids looked at Rose then back at the three teens expectantly. The bushy haired brunette was the one to answer  "have you tried looking in Gryffindor Tower?"  "Uh no, but we will for sure, thank you" Albus' voice was shaky and nervous. The kids turned to leave but were stopped "hey, aren't you two a little young for Hogwarts? How young are you guys anyway?" The Red haired teen asked, gesturing to Lily and Hugo. But before they could answer, James butted in and spoke for them "their eleven, they just look young." He spoke quickly before he grabbed thier hands and whisked them away  "uh, thanks again!" Albus called from behind as he quickly ran after his brother and sister along with his cousins.
They dashed around a corner away from all the crowds until they were out of sight. They took a minute to catch thier breath as the waited for all the students to pass by. Hugo was the first to speak "What now?" Rose was the first to answer "Now we go to Gryffindor Tower"
The five kids made thier way around the halls and staircases, treading carefully so as not to disturb any professors who might be working.
"We're almost there" stated James, just as exhausted and breathless from climbing the many stairs as everyone else "should be just after this next one" he panted, motioning to the moving staircase ahead of them. When the staircase finally came to a halt, James quickly began to scale the many steps, Albus, Hugo, and Rose quick on his heals. When they finally got to the top, the realized Lily was not with them. Looking around, they finally spotted the little redheaded girl, looking at a bizzare grandfather clock. "Lily come on!" Shouted Albus "hang on Al!" Lily yelled back. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked closer as if something had caught her eye. As she reached out to touch something, her eyes suddenly widened with fear as she drew her hand back quickly "Lil?" James asked cautiously, worry clear in his voice. Lily turned to speak but before she could say anything, the floor beneath her suddenly opened and she disappeared.