~ Chapter Five ~

~ Read End Notes ~

~ Read End Notes ~

Justin stepped into his home, instantly hit with warm air and the smell of fresh cooking. He rubbed his palms together and looked around the main room for his mother and Elena. He furrowed his eyebrows at the no sign of them. He sighed and walked in the house fully, closing the door to trap out the freezing air.

He wiped his cold face in hopes of warming it up but his hands were still so cold so it was no use. He walked closer into the room and followed the smell of delicious food which lead him to the kitchen. As he neared the room he heard laughing, girls laughing. He smiled as he walked into the room and saw his mom and best friend laughing as they both cooked. His mother hasn't cooked since his father died.

"What's going on here?" Justin asked cheerfully as he walked into the kitchen. Both Elena and his mother turned around at the same time and smiled over at him.
"We are cooking delicious food." Elena smiled, placing her hand on his mothers shoulder and smiling at her.
"Justin, you didn't tell me Elena was coming back." His mother beemed as Justin walked closer to them. He chuckled and shrugged.
"I wasn't aware. Brad flew her in as a surprise." Justin spoke as he bend down and kissed his mothers cheek as a greeting, doing the same with Elena.

Patricia smiled and turned around to stir whatever was in the pot cooking.
"He's a sweet man. I can't wait for the wedding." She chirped and Justin nodded. Looking down at Elena he smiled small and hugged her a little, silently thanking her for whatever she done because his mom seems so much happier already. He missed her smile.
"What's cooking?" Justin asked as Patricia turned back around and smiled at him.
"Spaghetti, your favourite." She smiled and Justin grinned wide.
"The secret family recipe." Elena chimed in and Justin looked at her and narrowed his eyes.
"Who said your family?" He muttered as he playfully pushed her away. She rolled her eyes and slapped his arm, pouting.
"I'm just kidding." Justin started as he smiled down at Elena.
"You're the sister i never wanted." He chuckled at her and Elena laughed at him.

***

Justin and Elena helped set the table. It had been a while since he sat down and had a meal with his mother and he was glad Elena was joining them. He should invite Brad round for a meal sometime soon, his mother would enjoy that.

He watched carefully as his mother walked over to the table with two plates in her hand. She placed one at Justin's place and the other where Elena is seated. Elena walked in with a bottle of sparkling water and three glasses and placed them on the table as Patricia walked back over with her own plate.
They all say down in their seats. Patricia was sitting at the end of the table with Justin at her left and Elena to her right. She smiled at them both.
"Enjoy." She smiled as he picked up her fork and began eating like Elena and Justin.