How it all started

'Wtf!?' I blurted out as a jumpscare just randomly filled my screen. My controller had landed on the floor and while I swore to myself 'no scary video games ever again!!!' (Even though everyone knows this was never going to happen) and I examined it for any kind of permanent damage.

'BLAIRE WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK IS GOING ON UP THERE?!' Oh , crap...

'Nothing!' I hollered back, quickly hiding game console and co. and turning off the TV. I scrambled behind my seat as rapid footsteps made their way up the stairs. Shaky breaths escaped my lips, the door to my room slamming against the wall with the force it was opened.

'What were you doing, young lady?!' The figure in the doorway demanded through a cloud of cigarette smoke.

'Nothing, I-' She got up in my face her cigarette grazing the tip of my nose.

'Don't you lie to me, you little bitch!' My blue eyes darted to the ceiling in an attempt at escaping the toxic smoke evolving from the burning stick she'd caught between her teeth.

'Did you just roll your eyes at me?!' She growled.

'No,no I was just, I mean I-' But my attempts at a poor explanation were in vain.

'I'll teach you to show your elders some respect, you worthless piece of shit' And she raised her hand above her head, before a stinging pain shot through the entire of my right cheek. And she had just gotten started.

***

The clock read 2:45 am when I heard the van pull away from our house. I trudged into the bathroom to scrub off some of the blood  that ran down my pale arms. I tried not to meet mirror-me's gaze but when I did I flinched at her appearance. My appearance. A unhealthy blueish-green tinted my light skin, red liquid running down my upper arms in thin lines. My normally light blue eyes were hidden behind a mask of salty tears. My shirt was saturated, leaving me with approximately 2 tees, 1 pullover and a holey pair of jeans. I averted my gaze and got to cleaning up, trying to enjoy the time I had until the witch stepped back into this house. Not that I succeeded.

***

I reached the entry hall to my school, Pulling my sleeves down over my wrists.

"Hey Blaire! Wait up!" I heard a girls voice shriek behind me. I turned around and a pair of arms flung around my neck making me stiffen at the pressure applied to my newly received bruises, but I loosened up after realizing it was  my best  friend, Ronnie (short for Veronica). Okay, who am I kidding? She was my only friend, although even that was quite bizarre. I don't understand why she liked spending time with me. She was pretty with her auburn hair, the cutely placed freckles and her warm brown eyes. She was kind, rather smart (but not too smart) and basically she could be a social butterfly, if she wanted to. And I was well...me. A sarcastic, antisocial little shit head. And I wasn't even all that pretty, I had black choppy hair, pale skin, dark bags under my eyes and a fashion style my classmates called 'emo', and in a way, I guess I was. I did like rock music and I sure as hell dressed the part. So why doesa angel like Ronnie trust and like a wreck like me? Not a clue.

"Hey, chill!" I warned, giggling. She apologized, pulling back from our embrace.

"Blaire, what´s that in your pocket?" She made a grab for it, but i cut her off.

"It´s nothing."

"Did you take your Nintendo DS to school again? You´ll get detention, if you get caught, again!"

"Well, I get bored!"  That wasn't the real reason, to be honest. Even detention, spending three hours sitting around in a grey room,  was better than the actual living hell others would call 'home'. Ronnie sighed and lead the way to our classroom. We took our seats, suddenly hysterical muttering broke out in our classroom. At first I thought i was the reason, so I pulled on my sleeves as a reflex. But when I followed the gaze of some of the students, I saw a girl. She had dark blue and long hair. She had on blood red lipstick and her face was pale. Thick black eyeliner circled her green eyes. She had on Black skinny jeans and a grey pullover. She looked very pretty but as expected Lexy, the Queen-be in our class, had found something to bully her.