Chapter 5

Alexander's POV

"Hey Bro, what's up?" I smile and fist pump with jace as he walks through my door with the rest of the guys.

The week had gone by fairly fast and Friday was finally here so the guys from football came over play some Madden-14.  My parents had gone on vacation but after the party a few nights ago we decided just hanging out would be ok. 

"I will go order some pizza!" Jace hollers as the rest of us leap up the stairs, in a race to be the first to a controller. Since it is my house, I find my way to the man-cave the fastest and leap onto one of the PS4 controllers, holding down the home button with my thumb. Luka is right on my tail and a spark of satisfaction ignites inside of me as the bars of light flash green, indicating I am player one.

"Got it!" I shout with a smug grin.

"You suck." Luka shakes his head and laughs along with a few more of our friends that are flopping down on the couch. We turn on the gaming system and the familiar music starts to play as we all  dramatically yell along. We each draft a football team while we wait for the pizza to arrive and start our league.

~~~.~~~

By the time we were finally interrupted by the door bell everyone is starving. We all pause the game and leap down the stairs. I reach in my pocket to hand the young pizza guy some money and happily take the boxes. As I shut the door, the aromas of ham, peperoni, and sausage invade my nostrils.

I toss the cardboard boxes on the coffee table next to the couch and we all flop down with a slice of gewwey pizza in our hands. Silence engulfs the room for several minutes while we stuff our faces before our initial hunger in subdued and we take up in conversation.

As always we start our night with a traditional game of "Hot or Not". Luka gladly starts by shouting out above our chatter:

"Marina Mcleod, Hot or not?" I think about the girl in my English class and shrug. "Not." Everyone agrees and Alex continues.

"Lyra Adams, Hot or Not?"  Everyone laughs at the mention of Lyra.

"Like that is even a question anymore! Hot!" Everyone calls in unison. The group starts to playfully bicker about who is out of who's league.

"Please guys, I could get any girl in the entire school to go out with me if I wanted to." I smirk around the room at my friends.

"I don't believe you." Nick shakes his head and grins.

"Give me any name and I will have her falling for me in no time."  The boys all wildly laugh and start whispering to each other, trying to find who I would be going after. After a few minutes of deliberation they turn to my and Luka is seeming very confident.

"I dare you to go after Isabelle Thomson." An image flashes through my head of the small-statured, ebony haired girl in one of my morning classes and the rumors about her float around in my mind.

When they say her name, Jace glares at them.

"C'mon, don't bring her into this, the last thing she needs another guy toying with her." But the guys had already make up their mind. They stare at me in anticipation for my response.

I smirk.

"You're on. How hard can a dare be?"