Day 12| Obsidian woman

Day 12| part II

       My shoe stepped on something hard that was under Sir's scattered papers all over the carpet. I kicked the papers with my toe, and to my surprise the hard object was a toy. A woman dressed in a black suit as dark as her skin. She had a brave expression, soldier shoes, a helmet, and a gun. They had bought my bodyguard.

      I reached the ground and picked up the woman, taking the little gun out of her hands. "Sebastian." I said quietly. He turned to me, slightly wide eyed. I extended the little gun for him.

       "What's this?" his eyebrows sudden went up. "Oh, great." He picked the cold gun from my hands, and loaded the bullets with expertness; then, holding it firmly by his belt, we walked across the room.

       "Nothing."

       "Are you sure?"

       "Yeah." He placed the gun on the floor, by my mother, and grabbed her small wrist. She was alive.

       "Thanks, God..." I fell on my knees by them, also getting her pulse.

       "Angelina, this room was messed up from one end to the other. Does your mother have something special someone would want to have?"

       "No" I moved a lock of hair that was covering mom's face, revealing the old necklace I gave her when I was 10.

       Necklace.

        "The chain."

       As soon these words went flying to the air a hand came against my mouth. I saw Sebastian being pushed to the ground, and I being pulled backwards against something hard and cold. There was a click, louder than anything I had heard before. It came from somewhere behind, but very close, and soon a voice full of forced sweetness erupted from that same place: "Tell me where it is."

         The hand was bony, with calluses. I couldn't concentrate on anything besides the horrible touch of it, and the touch of a thing that I knew was a gun, right above my ears. Already knew the feeling of the invisible hot skin being created on my outside, making my neck and hands sweat. Arguments in my head started running so fast they were disturbing all other senses.

       "Say it..." The voice whispered again, pressing my bones against his. I closed my eyes.

       "Peter", another voice said, "let me deal with the girl. Go get the boy."

       I screamed, suddenly thrown against someone very hard. But this time not against cold bones; but hot, big muscles, a chest two times bigger than mine, with massive arms that had its hands covered by gloves. "and we meet again, hu? Missed your screams..." He held my legs with his own and hugged my throat, every inch of him covered by clothe. While being kept prisoner of this guy I could see perfectly the other unknown guy.

        Peter Filthy was an ugly person made of bones. He looked very tall and was struggling to fight Sebastian, who was determined to dig his way to me: "DAMON! YOUR ASSFUCKER!! LEAVE HER ALONE!!"

       "SHUT UP, SEBASTARD!" My captor shouted. He held me right but there was no need for all the stability, I couldn't move anyways. "Where is my chain, little girl? We know it is with you, Peter was there right by your side, the day you found it... he can be anywhere, if he wants, wherefore he is my eyes and ears."

       And I remembered the sudden cold and shills I felt when the chain was found, there on the staircase. I also remembered the venom Damon had under those gloves, and the pain they could cause, and I was shaking violently.

       "Goddanm right you should be scared of me", he said, "but don't worry, I will not hurt you OR your boyfriend if you give the chain to me."

       Words went out like groans but I had to think about something to get out of that situation. His threats could be real and I was too young to die, besides, the chain wouldn't belong to someone as mad as Damon Collins or creepy as Peter Filthy. I didn't know where the toy gun had gone but I knew where its real owner was. "The chain is under... it is on the floor; but it is not an object anymore, oh yeah, is real and alive!"

       "What??"

       "...Her name will be Zarina, which means 'the woman of gold' in some African language if I'm not mistaken. She will be my bodyguard and protector of all people I love!"

      "STOP SAYING BULLSHIT OR I'M GOING TO BURN YOUR TONGUE!"

       I cried out for Zarina using all the air left in my lungs while Damon pulled out his gloves. All I could sense later was Sebastian's grip pulling me from Damon and towards the door. When I turned back to see what had freed him, a pair of obsidian eyes smiled at me — while finishing the job of knocking Peter Filthy on the head by only using her elbows.

       And we ran.

       "Who was that?"

       "That was Zarina!

       "Okay, sorry for asking this only now, but what" — Sebastian dodged us from a baggage cart — "what is your power??!"

       "You want to know my type?!"

       "What exactly you DO!"

       "I can transform toys into real stuff!"

       "Fuck!!"

       "I know!"

       We crossed the hotel exit, and the crowded streets between empty sidewalks, and crowded sidewalks between empty streets. I started to gasp and stumble and almost fell. One of Oxygen's lateral entrances was soon just a few feet from us.

       "C'mon, Angelina, just a little bit more..."- But this little bit ended up being the longest possible. Peter Filthy materialized himself in front of us, grinning. I let go a scream and Sebastian immediately pulled me backwards.

"Give the chain!!"

       "She won't!"

      "Give me!"

      POW!! We all covered our ears from something that sounded like the shoot of a gun. I looked around. A lot of people dressed in camouflaged sets came out of nowhere, some holding guns, and some holding their own flaming fists. The flames illuminated the parking lot we were in. Doctor Gene took a step forward. "Peter, if you don't surrender be sure you will face the consequences."

       Peter examined the situation and turned a sickened smile to me. He moved so fast I thought my face was going to be taken off; but the men were faster, going against him all at once. I saw the terror in Sebastian's eyes, which were still fixed on me. There were more shots, and Gene continued to shout until I was too far away to hear them. I ran through the building's lateral door and realized I was alone. Sebastian was contained and Zarina was probably still fighting Damon at the hotel. All I could do was run by myself.

       Fear made me run fast, shoes simply forgotten in some dark hall, and the cold cement floor made me feel light scratches under my naked feet. After embroiling myself through infinite corridors, I looked back to check how far the voices would come; but I actually couldn't hear them because of the blood pounding in my ears. I saw a darker corner between walls that seemed to be the perfect place for hiding. I got in, curling me in there.