Chapter 27

I woke up and immediately realized I was in a bed as I felt the soft mattress beneath me. Sitting up, I groaned again as my side began to burn. It hurt, but I felt like I could move for once. So slowly, I got out of the bed and looked around the empty bedroom. When I saw no one, I wondered where everyone was.

    Slowly, I made my way out of the room and saw that I was on the upper level of a house. There were four closed doors around me and I assumed it was the other members' bedrooms. Guessing I had been in Haiden's, I went to the staircase nearby and went down them, hoping to find him. With yesterday still fresh in my mind, I wanted to be at his side.

    Once downstairs, I saw that I was in a living room. It was dark outside, so I realized that it was still nighttime. Frowning, I realized that while I was knocked out I must've been brought to their other hideout. It reminded me of their old one, but I had to admit this one was much more emptier. It didn't feel as homey, which made sense because I was guessing they rarely used this hideout.

    Suddenly, I heard murmurs. Guessing it was coming from the kitchen, I made my way there and froze when I saw all the members sitting around the dining table. None of them seemed happy.

    "I'll take the couch," Saniya said. "There's no problem here. Why are we arguing?"

    "Why are we letting our hostage get a bedroom?" Taylor asked angrily. "She's means nothing to us, so why does she get a bedroom?"

    Haiden shot him a dirty look and my heart felt warm. Taylor's words didn't bother me, but I felt happy to see they bothered Haiden. He was still protective of me.

    "She's a nice girl," Saniya said. "And she was shot because she saved Haiden's life. She deserves to be in a bed where she can heal."

    "It's not like we asked her to save Haiden's life," Lydia mumbled. "Haiden could've easily dodged the bullet without Luna shoving him."

    "No, I wouldn't have dodged the bullet," Haiden shot back. "She saved my life, so she deserves a bedroom. If anything, I'll just take the couch."

    "No!" I blurted out without thinking.

    Everyone brought their attention to me suddenly. All of them seemed surprised by my presence, which made me flush with embarrassment.

    "You're right, I shouldn't get a bed," I said softly. "I'll just take the couch."

    "No," Haiden said immediately. "You're going to get a bed. I don't care, I'll-"

    "How about this," Lydia cut in. "Haiden and I share a bed. The rest of you get your own. Problem solved."

    Everyone went silent at that. There was nothing to argue about that, so I saw the agreement in the members' eyes. But, my heart felt like it had sunk. Because I loved Haiden, the idea of him being with Lydia would always hurt.

    "No, I'll share a bed with Luna," Haiden said, surprising all of us.

    My eyes went wide and the rest of the gang stared at Haiden as if he had grown a second head. For a second, Haiden seemed embarrassed by what he said as his cheeks grew red. He looked away from us and I felt my heart skip a beat. I couldn't believe it. He was choosing me over Lydia.

    "Well, I'm supposed to be watching Luna at all times," Haiden muttered awkwardly. "I should watch her at night too since she might escape. Right?"

    An awkward silence passed between everyone for a moment. I felt awkward myself, but I found myself smiling. Haiden was adorable at times.

    "Right," Saniya finally said - thankfully. "Haiden and Luna should share a bed. If Luna stays in the living room, she could run off and no one will know."