4. Approval

Shadab

So Suhad was her name.

Mom hadn't told me anything about her when she took me there. When Suhad had walked in with her mother I was hypnotized by her beauty. She was beautiful, there was no doubt about it. And then her brother told me she likes football. I didn't know any girl who liked football, or was into sports of any kind. Then, the dessert which she had prepared, it was simple but tasted awesome. I couldn't find anything negative in her even if I tried.

"So what did you think?" Mom asked snapping me out of my reverie. We were in the car driving back home.

I just smiled and said, "I like her."

Mom gave me this huge grin from ear to ear. I was glad that she was happy and also glad that her choice was good.

"You really liked her?" Zarine asked from the backseat with what I felt like distaste.

"Yeah. I couldn't find anything wrong with her." I told her honestly.

"Fine. Suit yourself."

I ignored her statement. I just couldn't understand her sometimes. Since she has gotten married she felt like her intellect had grown. I irritated by her behavior sometimes. I felt like slapping her and her petulant ways.

I looked at mom who was busy in her phone.

"Mom, what are you doing?" I asked.

"Oh! Since you like her I thought I should call and tell Ameena already. Why delay?"

"Ok mom. As you see fit."

I saw Zarine rolling her eyes in the rearview mirror.

"Zarine, I think I will drop you to your place since your work here is done." I said irritated so that she was out of my sight for once. She was so immature.

"Whatever."

Argh! If mom hadn't been here right now I really would have slapped her.

Mom was already on the phone so I thought not to disturb her. By the time I dropped off Zarine, she was done talking.

"Ameena was ecstatic. Only we mothers know how much we wanted you too like each other."

I just nodded.

"Now we just have to wait for Suhad's reply. I pray it's in your favour."

Pray if you want mom. I'm not so worried about it. If I don't get her I will get someone else. I mean, there is no scarcity of girls in this world, is there?

***

Suhad

Bhai was staring at me wide-eyed, shock evident on his face. Mom had gone to call dad to tell him this good news. But wasn't I supposed to say something? Wasn't I supposed to approve of this? Of him?

"What are you going to do now?" Bhai asked tensed.

"I don't know bhai. I'm confused." I really was confused. Bhai said Shadab was arrogant, mom said Shadab was the one for me. And then there was the matter that he was the first person to actually like me, to say yes to me. So many suitors had come and gone by and everyone was good, but none had agreed to marry me. And this guy, even though he wasn't that practising, had said yes to me. Why, I didn't know.

"I will pray nafl salah bhai. I'm so confused, Allah will show me the way in sha Allah."

"Alright, I will go pray too." Saying so he left the room.

I got up, did my wudhu and took out the prayer mat to pray to rakahs of nafl prayer. "O Allah! I hope for your mercy, do not leave me for even the duration of an eye blink and correct my total condition. Besides You, there is none worthy of worship. ( Allahumma rahmataka arjoo falaa takini ila nafsi tar fata aynin wa-aslih shaniy kullahu la ilaha illa anta)." I repeated this dua over and over again until I knew what to do.

I made my way to bhai's room because I felt I had to clear the intentions of my decisions with him first rather than with mom. He was rolling up his prayer mat when I walked in.

"I've made my decision." I announced. "I'm going to marry Shadab."

He didn't say anything. I guess we both must have thought of the same reasons. Even so, I wanted to clarify.

"Bhai," I started, "You know he is the first person to actually say yes to me."

He nodded. I took it as a sign for me to continue. "I know you say he is arrogant and full of himself. He might be. I don't know. But mom says he is a nice guy. What I think is, if Allah has paired me with him we will get married whether I say yes or no. And if he is not my Soulmate then we won't. So I'm going to go and say yes to mom. If Allah has willed it we will get married in sha Allah. And Allah knows what's best for His slaves."

Bhai stayed quiet for a while. "All our prayers are with you little sister. In sha Allah, everything will be fine."

I felt like I wanted to cry. I had such an understanding brother! I flung myself at him and thanked him and thanked Allah for making me sister of such an amazing brother. He just chuckled and patted my head.

"I'll go tell mom."

"I'll come with you." He said smiling at me.

***

Shadab

It was night time. I had my dinner with mom and was in my room on my laptop checking out some music videos and movie trailers on YouTube when I felt like mom was calling me.

I kept my laptop aside and went to check on her. She was in her room grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Did you call me?"

"Yes my baby! Ameena just called..."

"So?" I think what was going on here.

"So... you mister are going to get married. Suhad said yes!" Mom squealed. Yeah, my mom just squealed like a teenager so just imagine how happy my mother was. No one has the heart to turn their loving mother down, least of all me.

But at least you are getting a beautiful wife.

To that I had to agree.

I was getting hitched, and looking at the ecstasy of my mother, it was going to be soon.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

I just love love love the relationship between Suhad and Haroon. What did you think I was gonna say? Relationship of Suhad and Shadab? Their relationship hasn't even begun yet, but it is going to begin soon.

Please tell me whose POV would you like to read more. Suhad or Shadab or Haroon or their mothers. I would try and incorporate them in my book. After all of you love this book it will turn out to be lovelier.

Please comment your views and vote for my story.

Jazakallah khair :)