Chapter Six - Game Time

Please Read:

Before we begin I just want to thank Restlessthinking for her amazing support she has for my book and for me personally as newbie writer. She is not only kind, generous and the sweetest person you have met but also she can write published authors as well :) 

Please would you check out her Book called Veracity for me and comment what you think of her works :) 

That's it, note over :) now let's get back to the action :P

------

 "Each of us is born with a box of matches inside us but we can't strike them all by ourselves" 

― Laura Esquivel, Like Water for Chocolate

Taylors P.O.V

The clatter of studded boots rumbled around the locker room as my team mates jumped and stretched their long legs.

This was it. The game that decided if we were going to state finals or not.

Everyone was filled with so much energy that I was surprised electricity wasn't flaring off the Elk Creek's Black Eagle's jersey of our football team.

I looked down at my hands and attempted to calm my racing heart. I hated the feeling I had just before the game.

It was like riding a roller coaster.

Right now I was climbing the long stretch of tracks up into the air, being forced to look at ground far below before the tracks tip and I was sent hurtling in delight at a million miles an hour.

Shouts of encouragement poured into the room by passers-by, every word making my shoulders heavier and heavier with their expectations.

"Hey Tay, what ya staring off into space for, Alex isn't going to appear magically in front of you ya know," Deacon joked causing a round of sniggers to go round the room, his wiry hair hidden by his black helmet.

"Even if she did appear he would never had the balls to do anything," Joey added grinning wildly at me and ruffling my hair. I swatted his hand away grinning.

"Oh Alex I'm so sorry for dressing you up in a slutty nurse outfit, really I didn't know how that happened!" Deacon said in low voice trying to imitate mine and a few people started to shake with laughter.

"Please have my shirt to cover yourself, I've been waiting all this time to strip in front of you!"

"Oh Alex, have my virginity while you're at it." Deacon grinned, batting his eye lashes and winking at me.

"In fact I've been in love with you since we were little, marry me Alex!" Joey got down on one knee and held my hand in mock seriousness. At this point the whole changing room was full of laughter. I grinned and felt some of the tension lift from my body at their antics.

"You guys do know you're dick heads right?" I smile well naturedly, chuckling along with them.

"Yeah but that's what friends are for," Deacon winked before turning to the mirror and spreading black paint over his cheeks.

"Besides," Added Joey sliding down beside me on the bench "You do really need to say something to her - you know - about liking her."

"I appreciate your concern Joey but I don't like her like that."

"No butterflies when you see her? Your heart doesn't race when you hear her voice?" He asked with a knowing smirk that showed his crooked teeth.

I remained silent as I saw our team captain and quarter back, Jordan, make his way up to the front of the room and clapped his hands, signalling he wanted quiet.