Chapter 1: A Weird Encounter

A/N: Hey guys, this is my first time writing a CC fanfic, and this is a fanfic of my OTP -- DavidLia (David Jones x Ophelia). And the girl is my OC in CC, plz enjoy it!

It was a warm, bright afternoon in Grimsborough, people went back to their work as usual after a nice lunch. Outside the Grimsborough Police Department Headquarters, a young homicide detective, Ophelia bumped into her trusty working partner, Inspector Jones, who just finished his hot dog meal in a nearby park, both of them were heading back to their offices for their afternoon duty.

"Hey! Jones!" greeted the 24 year old youth with glee.

"Hi! Lia! Didn't expect you would come back here the same time with me!" replied Jones with a grin as they climbed up the staircases. "How's is it?"

Ophelia tipped her head slightly, "Fine, I guess..." she chimed. "How about you? Jonesy?"

Upon hearing his buddy's question, he replied nervously, "Well, may I tell you something, Lia?"

"What is it?" Ophelia was really curious.

"I just stumbled upon something... very unusual....at the park..." he whispered to his lovely partner, "When I was strolling in the park after my meal, I witnessed a robbery when a burly man stole a purse from an old lady, who worked as a fortune teller at the park. She was screaming for help after that..."

"Did you got him?" asked Ophelia

"I tried to help her by chasing that wretched thief, and I lost him a while later. Though I claimed back the old lady's purse and returned to her, assuring her that the authorities would help her to track down the robber. But she was so in rage that she shouted loudly towards me about laying a....magic spell on...me.....I-I'm really scared that loon would turn me into .... A cat...or even a frog!" he stammered nervously.

"Oh come on, David.." sighed Ophelia, " I guess that old lady is just being moody after she encountered bad luck, you don't need to be that scared. After all, I don't think she could really lay a curse on you, I guarantee." She smiled as she patted Jones's shoulder, reassuring him. "Come on! Let's go back to our offices to arrange the stack of reports on our desks."

In the whole afternoon, Ophelia and Jones went back to their office on the 3rd floor to continue to write and arrange the reports since they just solved a murder that happened in the last week, and Chief King's deadline for their reports was approaching, so they were working hard to submit their work after the case was closed. Later, Ophelia left to the pantry to get herself some soothing drinks while Jones continued to take care of the tasks.

But then, he started to feel uneasy when he felt an itchy sensation running all over his body as he was concentrating. But scratching didn't help him to relive at all.

"What the heck is this...?'' he wondered as he scratched his arm repeatedly. ''Perhaps some coffee can make me feel better..."mumbled Jones, annoyed.

He then proceeded to put his pen down, and left his black, spinning armchair to tell Ophelia. Suddenly, Jones felt his skin temperature became even warmer even though he didn't got a fever, and a jolting pain was running through his body, causing him to cringe and plop on the ice cold tile floor, arching his back with his eyes closed while his hand gripped his chest tightly as if he got a heart attack.

"Aaaargh..." groaned Jones painfully, trying to open an eye and stretch his other arm towards the door, "What's....happening to...me...? I feel that I'm going to explode...."

But before he could reach the doorknob, he was engulfed by a flash of bright, yellow light, and everything went black in an instant as he fell into unconsciousness.

After a while, all the pains and heat sensations disappeared, Jones struggled to stand up. Strangely, everything in the office became tall to him that even the doorknob was out of his reach! No matter how hard he tried, he still failed.

"What the hell happened?" he wondered as he weakly opened his eyes. However, the first thing he saw was that his fingers had become shorter, and there were pale pink pads on his white, furry palm. But then he made an even shocking discovery of himself when he looked into the mirror in front of him, instead of a human, it was a reflection of a little, silver tabby cat with light blue orbs lying on the now oversized light blue, full – sleeved shirt and a blue grey necktie.

"OH NO! WHY I WAS TURNED INTO A CAT!! WHAT CAN I DO NOW??" he screeched in horror.